Viewing 15 posts - 19,216 through 19,230 (of 39,936 total)
Is this some type of test question? We are not here to do your homework/exam work for you.
I'm still not clear what the starting criteria is. If I am searching...
July 12, 2010 at 10:36 am
It's not quite clear what you mean to me. You want to compare every record to every other record? Or given a particular record, find other records who have...
July 12, 2010 at 10:19 am
Gianluca Sartori (7/12/2010)
Alvin Ramard (7/12/2010)
July 12, 2010 at 9:25 am
Chad Crawford (7/12/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/9/2010)
I promise to publish it right after PASS if it's not called upon.
🙁 I don't want to wait. I had to build a...
July 12, 2010 at 9:24 am
I would agree with Gail. Once it starts, there's nothing you can do. Before it starts, there are some config possibilities (MAXDOP, Query limits), Resource Governer (SS2K8) that can help...
July 12, 2010 at 9:17 am
baseball
No more large, bouncy, kicky, back-and-forth ball with too many shutouts.
July 12, 2010 at 9:14 am
Thanks for your service.
I don't think those comments were inappropriate, and if they were hurtful, perhaps you should re-examine what you are asking. An update is a fairly trivial statement....
July 12, 2010 at 9:02 am
good point. I'd prefer less inter-league games, but I don't hate the situation.
I was thinking yesterday about soccer because it was on the radio. I'm not a fan, and have...
July 12, 2010 at 8:59 am
I posted a note on the Connect item as I'm with Gail. I'm not sure this helps with a balanced tree, and would like some more commentary and a better...
July 12, 2010 at 8:39 am
Look at the CASE statement.
SELECT CASE
WHEN MyCol = 1 THEN 'Alert'
WHEN MyCol = 0 THEN 'OK'
ELSE 'No idea'
END
from MyTable
where MyCol...
July 12, 2010 at 8:36 am
I think Ray has a great take. I came into the DBA world from both an admin (early) and developer (next) worlds. Those "secondary skills" were extremely important in a...
July 12, 2010 at 8:34 am
I think it does mean something for some of the people. There will always be, and probably always were, those that didn't think much of the game. They'd rather have...
July 12, 2010 at 8:30 am
An identity property and a unique index on this column will work. Trying to build the work for a random number is wasted effort. It's not needed.
July 12, 2010 at 8:24 am
I'd like to have you answer Jim's question. Typically a random number isn't used, and I suspect that you'll get yourself into trouble without understanding why. If this is a...
July 11, 2010 at 8:51 pm
Yes, the two updates would be one transaction, and the log could not clear between them, simple mode or not.
You could also set a t-log backup in the middle of...
July 11, 2010 at 8:42 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,216 through 19,230 (of 39,936 total)