Viewing 15 posts - 19,141 through 19,155 (of 39,936 total)
I tend to agree with what's listed above, but I'd be careful about not allowing reuse and using things like phone or email as PK values.
I have had re-used emails,...
July 16, 2010 at 4:14 pm
Kit G (7/16/2010)
The Dixie Flatline (7/16/2010)
It was a dark and stormy night....As I sat down to write...
I was quite a sight...
July 16, 2010 at 2:59 pm
Kit G (7/16/2010)
Grant Fritchey (7/16/2010)
To know for sure you'd need to consult a lawyer. But since it's a non-exclusive license, I'm pretty sure that means you retain copyright. Just make...
July 16, 2010 at 12:50 pm
I think his initial argument seemed to be that the way he was upgrading his code (lower stack stored procedures) to the new error handling resulted in changes. It's valid,...
July 16, 2010 at 12:28 pm
Lynn Pettis (7/16/2010)
Grant Fritchey (7/16/2010)
Lynn Pettis (7/16/2010)
I hope I wasn't ambiguous in my...
July 16, 2010 at 11:57 am
I emailed the guy, asking him to watch his language, and querying what he thought his boss, or his next interviewer, might think about his tone.
Not sure it will help,...
July 16, 2010 at 11:54 am
What do you mean you "switched" a server? I assume this is physical to virtual, but perhaps you can provide more details?
One of the things that bites people at...
July 16, 2010 at 11:01 am
How are the records changed? Is it any Access db that updates them?
I'd set up a job that exports this stuff to a known, off server location. That way you...
July 16, 2010 at 11:00 am
Apologies, we must have had a scheduling error out there. Still, a free point for everyone.
July 16, 2010 at 8:34 am
Just wondering if this has fallen off everyone's radar?
July 15, 2010 at 4:29 pm
Jeff Moden (7/15/2010)
July 15, 2010 at 1:53 pm
That is a funny thread actually. I can see the frustration building, and it is tempting to jump in. IMHO, the original code is just shitty coding, and a bit...
July 15, 2010 at 1:06 pm
Makes no sense to me. A diff is used to reduce recovery time from logs and speed the backup impact since it should be shorter than a full. However since...
July 15, 2010 at 11:43 am
You can select from the openquery
select * from openquery(...)
July 15, 2010 at 11:25 am
Best of luck, and looking forward to reading more.
A few pieces of advice:
- praise in public, criticize in private, even in the team.
- bad things are your fault, good...
July 15, 2010 at 11:19 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,141 through 19,155 (of 39,936 total)