Viewing 15 posts - 19,126 through 19,140 (of 39,936 total)
Grant Fritchey (7/19/2010)
Jack Corbett (7/19/2010)
July 19, 2010 at 11:46 am
I'd say the thing to become is valuable. Show that you are contributing to the business and worth keeping around for the things you do.
July 19, 2010 at 11:45 am
That is correct, but backup commands for SQL Server are issued in T-SQL, not through Windows.
July 18, 2010 at 9:45 pm
I second Jim's note. While each table moves, it will be locked by the server and unavailable unless you can rebuild online.
The nice thing is you can script this and...
July 18, 2010 at 6:40 pm
Jack Corbett (7/18/2010)
July 18, 2010 at 6:30 pm
xp_cmdshell and T-SQL backup commands have nothing to do with one another.
T-SQL commands are run inside SQL Server, and you should be able to run them in single user mode.
Xp_cmdshell...
July 18, 2010 at 6:30 pm
If I understand what you are saying, you are looking for an audit trail of what has heppened in your database? There is no log per se. There is a...
July 17, 2010 at 10:50 am
I don't think that Enterprise should run on Win 7. This doesn't list Win7 for Enterprise (which is what eval is based on, if I remember correctly)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx#EEIA64
Developer is typically what...
July 17, 2010 at 10:48 am
I am sure they have done some work here, but I wonder if they've done any recently. The work Peter Spiro did on 7, rewriting all kinds of stuff has...
July 17, 2010 at 10:17 am
I'm rubber and you all are glue....
July 17, 2010 at 10:06 am
I like Gail's idea. Attach back to two servers, remove the filegroups from each that you don't like.
July 17, 2010 at 10:06 am
Interesting points, Paul.
One thing does come to mind. Has MS really done enough research on alternatives? The read-ahead mechanism seems designed to pre-fetch data and prevent further interrupts of the...
July 17, 2010 at 9:57 am
Paul White NZ (7/16/2010)
Tom.Thomson (7/16/2010)
July 17, 2010 at 9:54 am
The first time you ran through this, it usually asks you to create a table. It does that, but to repeat it, you'd need that table in the sheet or...
July 17, 2010 at 9:52 am
I believe Gail is correct. The CTPs usually expire after a year of release. So I wouldn't expect the last CTP to be installable.
SQL 2008 Evaluation or SQL 2008 R2...
July 17, 2010 at 9:46 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,126 through 19,140 (of 39,936 total)