Viewing 15 posts - 19,096 through 19,110 (of 39,936 total)
Yes, it will be a named instance instead of a default instance. Your client tools will upgrade, and there are some services, like Integration Services, that are not instance aware...
July 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm
Hyperbac (from Red Gate software) and Idera have products you can buy that let you restore and work with a backup file without requiring the original disk space. It's a...
July 20, 2010 at 12:01 pm
I agree with the article, though think it's a little biased against the Royals.
BA isn't everything, which is why we look at five tools for the best players. When I...
July 20, 2010 at 11:59 am
Whether or not you fire the guy depends on what has happened in the past. If this is the first time, I'd completely agree. You need to sit down with...
July 20, 2010 at 11:50 am
You cannot include second level folders. Only one level deep is how it works.
July 20, 2010 at 11:44 am
1. Yes, connect to the server as an administrator, issue the BACKUP DATABASE command in T-SQL.
2. No, any client will work, but you only get one connection. If you use...
July 20, 2010 at 11:43 am
Michael,
Thanks for that note. I had read that comment, and didn't get the point across in the editorial. The SAN guys deliberately put less disk behind the LUN. It definitely...
July 20, 2010 at 8:34 am
Keep the trigger small and tight to avoid performance stuff, and make sure you write the trigger for multiple rows. Don't set variables to values.
Not this:
...
select @pk = PKID from...
July 20, 2010 at 8:33 am
Gail has given a great explanation. There is no BEFORE trigger. The create trigger...for update is the same as the AFTER syntax.
July 20, 2010 at 8:26 am
Sorry, no, modify the data in a table.
If I have Customers:
Create table Customers( Customer varchar(20))
go
insert Customers select 'Acme'
union select 'Brad'
go
Now I want to change the Customer name to "Smith" and...
July 19, 2010 at 4:52 pm
You guys are killing me. More work, then karate before I can even think about BBQ.
July 19, 2010 at 4:48 pm
I saw Fat Red's on Memphis Beat. Is that a real place?
July 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm
do what? stop jobs? just call sp_start_job. You can read about the parameters in Books Online. Same for sp_start_job.
You can schedule this to run, and here's a short discussion of...
July 19, 2010 at 4:18 pm
If you modify a table, the trigger runs after the modification is done, but before it is committed.
July 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm
George is correct in that each log file backup has different information. The log backup takes all active log records that are committed and copies them to thebackup.
There is no...
July 19, 2010 at 4:03 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,096 through 19,110 (of 39,936 total)