Viewing 15 posts - 18,886 through 18,900 (of 39,936 total)
In case anyone needs a humorous break: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiFKm6l5-vE
August 2, 2010 at 3:30 pm
Do not ever, ever, ever drop a database without a backup. Even if it's development. Take a backup, store it somewhere, at least for a few months.
August 2, 2010 at 3:21 pm
Well the Rockies are doing slightly better.
However I'm not. Played a double header yesterday, 1-5, BB. My season is going downhill.
August 2, 2010 at 3:07 pm
I don't think it's ever mattered, but I second Gail's note. It doesn't matter.
August 2, 2010 at 2:06 pm
You should enable logging, that will help to determine what is wrong and give more information.
August 2, 2010 at 2:04 pm
Are you running the job or plan? Do you have a log file setup in the plan?
August 2, 2010 at 12:53 pm
How are you querying it? Same query? same permissions/user account?
varchar(50) shouldn't be an issue in terms of size/type.
August 2, 2010 at 12:25 pm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151799.aspx
Shared distributor, recommended this is remote from both servers. I suppose that if I had to put it on a server, I'd put it on the mirror server, not the...
August 2, 2010 at 11:35 am
I think I'd use OPENQUERY and send the data range across
select ...
from OPENQUERY( .., 'select dataIneed from other table where date > ' + @begin + ' and date...
August 2, 2010 at 10:26 am
I typically do this
BEGIN TRAN
DELETE xxx
if @@Error <> 0
begin
rollback transaction
return 1
end
UPDATE xxx
if @@error <> 0
begin
rollback transaction
return 2
end
commit transaction
I...
August 2, 2010 at 10:24 am
I usually set up system database separate from user databases, especially since system databases don't need transaction log backups.
Otherwise, the advice above looks good.
August 2, 2010 at 10:22 am
I haven't heard of this. Couple questions:
- Are the drives available in Windows and unavailable in SQL Server or unavailable in both?
- When you remap, what do you run?
August 2, 2010 at 9:18 am
I've always had to build a separate table and maintain it. Something like
Period Date
1 1/1/2000
1 ...
August 2, 2010 at 9:07 am
Each item in the connection string is a separate entry. You just add the failover partner part.
The Integrated Security clause is an either/or with the uid/pwd section.
August 2, 2010 at 9:05 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,886 through 18,900 (of 39,936 total)