Viewing 15 posts - 18,901 through 18,915 (of 39,936 total)
Ratheesh.K.Nair (8/2/2010)
wHEN I TRIED THE SAME ITS DELETING THE PROCEDURE WHICH I CREATED
Which item did you try? Note that the procedure give is for SQL 2000, but there are...
August 2, 2010 at 8:55 am
Dimbulbz (8/2/2010)
August 2, 2010 at 8:49 am
Depending on what you do, OPENQUERY can be easier to write. If you do a straight join, I believe that the entire table from a linked server comes across and...
August 2, 2010 at 8:45 am
Thanks for the update. If you get the DNS specifics, I'm sure this would be a good thread to update for others.
August 2, 2010 at 8:35 am
I thought this was interesting, and I've dealt with this in a few places. If you don't have to work with the financial system, you might not encounter this. It...
August 2, 2010 at 8:29 am
BTW, I bought a 2500sq ft house in Va (SE) for $140k in late 1997, sold for $150k in 1999. A little over a year later, bought essentially the same...
August 2, 2010 at 8:22 am
Gianluca Sartori (8/2/2010)
What exactly are you americans doing at work that makes you worth all that money?
Spending $160k a year.
August 2, 2010 at 8:16 am
Make sure you have indexed the columns.
Is there a reason that you cannot check for an AND with both columns? As in Jeffrey's first example.
August 1, 2010 at 10:58 am
First google result for me: http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1046
August 1, 2010 at 9:40 am
You enter the mirror server in the connection string.
Data Source=myServerAddress;Failover Partner=myMirrorServerAddress;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;Integrated Security=True;
August 1, 2010 at 9:18 am
Depending on how the CAST works on the data, you could end up with different values. What you need to do is cast specifically to a size and ensure that...
August 1, 2010 at 9:10 am
You can setup a linked server between them, or you can use the OPENQUERY command from one server to get data from the other.
August 1, 2010 at 9:06 am
Without more details it's hard to know, but typically a report that presents row data as a column is a crosstab report. You can search on that, or look up...
August 1, 2010 at 9:05 am
Are those flat files there for DR? Or were they loads of some sort?
August 1, 2010 at 8:55 am
You can't make them pay. Businesses don't do what's right, or what's most efficient. Often it's the most cost effective, and if that means less service or some loss of...
July 31, 2010 at 5:22 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 18,901 through 18,915 (of 39,936 total)