Viewing 15 posts - 18,871 through 18,885 (of 39,936 total)
Grant,
I do agree with you on the potential funding issues, and that ought to be investigated. If there is something illegal, no church charter, IRS 501 charity should be allowed....
August 3, 2010 at 9:38 am
That makes sense. Good old DTS/SSIS defaults.
I'd change them 🙂
August 3, 2010 at 9:29 am
Not to make it too much of an issue, but in the US we have fundamentally tried to give freedom to religious institutions. For better or worse, and that ought...
August 3, 2010 at 9:28 am
Wayne and Jeff have my ideas. Each error log's timestamp has the time SQL restarted, but if you restart too many times, you lose that data.
The event log is the...
August 3, 2010 at 8:27 am
Don't run repair allow data loss.
http://www.sqlskills.com/BLOGS/PAUL/category/DBCC.aspx#p7
http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/paul/post/Corruption-Last-resorts-that-people-try-first.aspx
If the t-log is gone, then you can't recover past your last log backup. If the disk with the t-log crashed, but the data...
August 3, 2010 at 8:23 am
I think what you've have to do is add a new filegroup and new files, then rebuild clustered indexes for some tables on that new filegroup to move the data.
Once...
August 3, 2010 at 8:17 am
I've never seen that, but it's valid. I don't like it, but I agree with Paul that it's likely just convention
August 3, 2010 at 8:14 am
Since this is the water cooler, any comments?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/ground-mosque-plan-stirs-controversy/story?id=10670631
August 3, 2010 at 8:07 am
Playing Devil's Advocate, the problems with capitalism come with monopolies that can be just as much of a problem as a socialist government.
I think we have a pretty good balance...
August 3, 2010 at 7:57 am
SQLPing seems to be the most popular.
In the past, I've used Jeff's method, actually through SMS to query the registry of all hosts on the domain for a SQL Server...
August 3, 2010 at 7:55 am
You'll have to provide more information for us to understand, and perhaps ask a question.
August 3, 2010 at 7:41 am
Stefan's updates have been published for the article.
August 3, 2010 at 7:41 am
majorbloodnock (8/3/2010)
August 3, 2010 at 7:39 am
Jonathan Kehayias (8/2/2010)
I don't definitively know why Microsoft made the engine work that way...g.
Bug, crappy programming and testing.
August 2, 2010 at 8:40 pm
Yeah, that's an issue. Best I can do is have you link to a search for the script.
August 2, 2010 at 8:39 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 18,871 through 18,885 (of 39,936 total)