Viewing 15 posts - 18,451 through 18,465 (of 39,936 total)
Nicknames have a unique index on them, so you can't pick a name that someone else has.
September 7, 2010 at 6:55 am
Seems to be running fine from here. The server is located in the UK. Perhaps the link from them to you has some slowdowns for some reason.
Can you load any...
September 7, 2010 at 6:53 am
I would lean towards rights. Can you log in as the SQL Agent service account and manually delete the files?
September 7, 2010 at 6:52 am
I SE of Denver, E of Parker. As you leave the Tech Center, if you headed E, you'd find me.
This is beautiful country
September 5, 2010 at 8:05 pm
I think that Andy has it right, you ought to keep things private conversations private unless you ask permission. I have emailed a lot of people about things before I've...
September 5, 2010 at 12:55 pm
Jeff Moden (9/4/2010)
...So walking in with a hank of beef jerky hanging out of your mouth would be frowned upon? 😛
September 5, 2010 at 12:52 pm
Are there relevant entries in the SYSTEM or SECURITY Event logs?
September 5, 2010 at 12:51 pm
You need to restore the full backup first, then each log individually, in order. I would restore everything with NORECOVERY always, so that if there is a mistake or another...
September 5, 2010 at 12:51 pm
Jeffrey has laid it out well, and Joie is correct, you need to understand how your SAN works. I have had SANS that snapshoted things without letting SQL know that...
September 5, 2010 at 12:47 pm
Do you know what SCD is? If you research a bit in terms of what this is, and how it works, you ought to be able to answer these questions.
Many...
September 5, 2010 at 12:45 pm
You might defrag the index, but you cannot defrag a table without a clustered index. Set one up, then defrag.
September 5, 2010 at 12:43 pm
What folder are you choosing? It shouldn't be the same one as the default instance.
As noted, this is a simple rights issue. Administrator doesn't necessarily have rights to every...
September 5, 2010 at 12:42 pm
Public doesn't have rights to select from tables unless you granted them. And as noted above, you should not grant rights to public.
Before you remove them, however, you might...
September 5, 2010 at 12:41 pm
Integration Services not being instance aware means you can't install multiple instances. It doesn't mean that security is compromised. SSIS still needs an account to connect to the named instance.
September 5, 2010 at 12:39 pm
I'm slightly confused. The test you show has datetime values in it. Are you not using date data types and time data types.
The issue is that you have times that...
September 5, 2010 at 12:35 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 18,451 through 18,465 (of 39,936 total)