Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 18,466 through 18,480 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Is our log file too big?

    Glad it's working. Be sure that you have log backups running, and manage the size over time, watching the growth and balance that with the backups you need.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    The horses do graze some down, but they're not consistent, and they'll eat to the roots, so it destroys the growth. We rotate them around the 4 areas we...

  • RE: Error during S3 istall on SQL Service error 1603

    Moving this to 2005/Admin.

    What is S3?

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Ah, one more note. The Pensacola SSUG is looking for speakers for 2011. They meet the 4th Thur and are looking for speakers. No idea if they'll do Livemeeting. If...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Well my post for the day is to say that thanks to crappy forum code, my subscription to this thread, the forum, and Jeff hanging out with a keyboard on...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I will dig a few by hand at times, but not often. I did, however, pound in 20 T-posts into the ground by hand over the last month.

  • RE: Log Backup

    If you run regular log backups, you ought be able to set a log size and not mess with it. Read Gail's article and that should help you understand why.

    Log...

  • RE: Full Backups - Snapshot - Tlogs- Chain is broke ..Please help!!

    Does this work if you don't do the SAN backup?

    You should be able to test this during a low period of activity. See if you can :

    - Add a table

    -...

  • RE: Where Are the Programmers?

    I wouldn't lie.

    I'd say, I left this job because they wanted me to work 80 hours a week for weeks. I can't, and don't believe it that. I'm more productive...

  • RE: Adapting a Code

    Ignore the query.

    How do you get this answer if you have the populations?

    Now, how do you get the populations in a query?

    Apply the math to the query. It's not...

  • RE: Humor

    Geoffrey Wrigg (9/3/2010)


    SQL Server DBA on the prowl at a singles bar:

    SELECT Date

    FROM Clientele

    WHERE Attached = 'FALSE'

    ORDER BY BloodAlcoholContent DESC

    😛

    LOL, I think I did this without thinking in my younger...

  • RE: SQL 2008 multiple instance memory settings

    x64 or x86?

    I would leave 2GB for the OS, but monitor and check the pagefile for lots of activity. Leaving3-4GB can't hurt.

    For SQL, you'll have to experiment with each instance....

  • RE: How to give a database access to specific users only?

    The issue with Single_user is that the first user gets in. Might not be that person.

    I'd still set permissions in two groups. Revoke access for one group, add for the...

  • RE: Log shipping chain broken

    It should. You might need to restart the log shipping jobs, but they should be able to pick up with the next log file

  • RE: Backup file not deleting

    That's the agent log, isn't it? You want to get something from the maintenance plan itself, not the job. Something like this:

    Maintenance Cleanup Task (SEVENFALLS)

    Maintenance Cleanup on Local server connection

    Cleanup...

Viewing 15 posts - 18,466 through 18,480 (of 39,936 total)