Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 18,031 through 18,045 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jeff Moden (10/4/2010)


    because

    ... too much quoting

  • RE: How would you create this stored procedure

    Assuming you've tested it, on real data, and it returns accurate results, and someone else verifies this, it's probably ready.

    But as mentioned, you need to test it in your environment.

  • RE: Women and Men - Same or Different?

    david_wendelken (10/4/2010)


    ...

    I am writing in a very precise manner. "totally unheard". Not ignored, discounted. "totally unheard." It was as if I had never, ever spoken. ...

  • RE: Women and Men - Same or Different?

    Overall that might be true, though I wonder. Most of the "geeks" and IT folks I now don't really negotiate at all.

  • RE: Simple Recovery model

    I'm not sure it matters. Once you enter simple mode, you can't recover using the transaction log, and you can't take a log backup. The checkpoint might not write for...

  • RE: Women and Men - Same or Different?

    david_wendelken (10/4/2010)


    ...

    So, rather than piss and moan about not getting equal pay for equal work, why not learn what career and job negotiating strategies work best and use them? ...

  • RE: Can Wives Shorten Work Hours?

    I think in the past that it was viewed that the employer was doing you a favor by giving you a job, and that the workers brought less thought and...

  • RE: Full backup every hour

    I tend to agree with Derrick. Obviously space isn't an issue, though I'd be curious what you do with the backups and how long you keep them.

    I'd add in log...

  • RE: substring or charindex?

    What are you getting?

    We are happy to help, but please do some testing and explain or ask about what specifically you don't understand. What about the results don't make sense?

    With...

  • RE: Performance monitoring strategies?

    Profiler grabs the events and activities occuring, but it doesn't really help monitor performance. Performance Monitor is better, but you need a way to load those log files up and...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Roy, I believe there are some poll services at PollMonkey that you can use for free.

    Or maybe you ought to make this a part of your regular meeting. Get people...

  • RE: Women and Men - Same or Different?

    cmcc (10/4/2010)


    Anyway, I see men taking more risks and demanding more pay, whereas women will take the job that is convenient, at the pay that is offered.

    True or not true?

    I'd...

  • RE: DATALENGTH

    I have altered the explanation a bit to better show what the reason is for this.

    My apologies for this.

  • RE: Race to post 1,000,000

    I thought the question was "what is your favorite color?" 😀

  • RE: Today's Random Word!

    Fall, finally seems to have hit in Denver.

Viewing 15 posts - 18,031 through 18,045 (of 39,936 total)