Viewing 15 posts - 17,881 through 17,895 (of 39,936 total)
Traces can work, but I'd agree with Gus. Third party tool. Log to a folder that the tool and the DBAs can not read from. Only write to.
October 15, 2010 at 11:58 am
Tim Parker (10/15/2010)
October 15, 2010 at 11:56 am
I'm not sure what you can do here, except perhaps limiting the deletes to smaller batches and then use less RAM.
You could use separate instances, but then you'll be balancing...
October 15, 2010 at 10:14 am
Be sure that you have rights to those files for the service accounts.
Make sure that the paths in master are correct.
October 15, 2010 at 8:46 am
Who throws a can of soda out of a car? That's insane. Almost makes you want to hook up a camera and 10 min loop of video, recording what...
October 15, 2010 at 8:11 am
I think the problem is that we don't have any rating of what a senior DBA is. Is it someone that's been a DBA for 7 years? Because it's easy...
October 15, 2010 at 8:08 am
LSCIV (10/14/2010)
Needing to stay abreast of the latest technology is utterly irrelevant: that's what your staff is supposed to do.
This is true for some environments. In my...
October 15, 2010 at 6:56 am
You wouldn't want to mirror to the passive node since it's part of the same cluster. Any storage issue would wreck your system.
This is slightly off topic. If you are...
October 15, 2010 at 6:52 am
Ben Moorhouse (10/15/2010)
Copying all music/photos etc onto a big disk and taking it to a...
October 15, 2010 at 6:51 am
Alvin Ramard (10/14/2010)
Good idea Jason. Where can I find a wife before Xmas? π
October 14, 2010 at 1:30 pm
Most of my friends run ESX. Haven't heard of any large Hyper-V installations with SQL.
October 14, 2010 at 1:30 pm
AFAIK, there's only one technology of the e-ink e-paper that's for sale. I think the there are slight tweaks to get better grayscale bettter on the Kindle 3 and new...
October 14, 2010 at 11:15 am
jcrawf02 (10/14/2010)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/14/2010)
Doesn't bode well for lots of jobs, and I hope that some level of "bookstore" still remains in the future.
Other than the nostalgia factor,...
October 14, 2010 at 11:06 am
You can use any system that can run a Windows executable, like the Windows scheduled tasks.
If you schedule a job through SQL Agent, you'll see the command line in the...
October 14, 2010 at 11:02 am
Alvin Ramard (10/14/2010)
With the right can of spray paint, I can make anything green. π
Glad my coffee cup is empty so I didn't spray the monitor :w00t::hehe:
I used something...
October 14, 2010 at 9:43 am
Viewing 15 posts - 17,881 through 17,895 (of 39,936 total)