Viewing 15 posts - 17,866 through 17,880 (of 39,935 total)
Alan Vogan (10/15/2010)
one lesson I have learned...Don't Change ANYTHING on Friday! Just answer easy questions on SQL Server Central... 😛
LOL, that's great!
October 15, 2010 at 3:40 pm
I would have thought so, but if people entered data in a new system, you can't restore without losing that data. So you need to migrate backwards the data.
October 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm
delete without a where clause.
Done it too many times to count.
October 15, 2010 at 1:57 pm
Tend to agree with Gail, good indexes mean that 10mm rows shouldn't matter.
October 15, 2010 at 1:54 pm
These are separate functions. Monitor could be a lot of stuff, and lots of tools. SQL Response (I work for REd GAte), Server's Alive, What's Up, multiple packages here. Depends...
October 15, 2010 at 1:53 pm
Walked into a startup and they'd been making backups before all deployments to their mission critical database for their product. They were having a crisis and couldn't restore the db.
Watching...
October 15, 2010 at 1:51 pm
Luke has great advice. This isn't a Reporting Services issue, it's a permissions issue in the database that holds this data.
October 15, 2010 at 1:49 pm
You could potentially use a second fact table, but is that easier to query? I mean you'll have multiple rows of the same data there.
I think having Paul's advice works,...
October 15, 2010 at 1:48 pm
You could use Red Gate's Data Compare as well, but what you're talking about is a custom job. There's no easy way for a tool to make the decisions about...
October 15, 2010 at 1:47 pm
Don't use network shares. You're just asking for trouble. Get a proper SAN or local storage.
October 15, 2010 at 1:21 pm
Are you looking for a deliberate flush, like a DBCC comment? The default trace might help.
October 15, 2010 at 12:25 pm
Thought you might like some statistics. Someone asked me, so....
In terms of total points (as of about 15 minutes ago), on the overall list
#100 - 2,303 points
#50 - 2,884 points
#500...
October 15, 2010 at 12:14 pm
I have awarded back all points and edited the question to include the answer for future people.
Not a great question, and my apologies.
October 15, 2010 at 12:12 pm
I'd agree we need to do more here, but
more from workers != more hours
It's a question of being more efficient and being more strategic.
October 15, 2010 at 12:00 pm
Traces can work, but I'd agree with Gus. Third party tool. Log to a folder that the tool and the DBAs can not read from. Only write to.
October 15, 2010 at 11:58 am
Viewing 15 posts - 17,866 through 17,880 (of 39,935 total)