Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 17,896 through 17,910 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    The green value, if there is one, comes not from you getting ebooks, but from 1000s of people doing this. Less paper, less energy, less storage, not to mention less...

  • RE: Vmware and Sql 2008

    You need top notch storage for this to work, and then it will not work for heavily loaded SQL Servers.

    I have a number of friends at sites, including one...

  • RE: From One of the Pack to ‘Top Dog’ – Honeymoon Period Over!

    rmechaber (10/14/2010)


    A very enjoyable book that describes one man's transition from a dictatorial to an inclusive management style is It's Your Ship .

    Good job, Justin, and a second...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I saw that, and it is cool, but 3lbs is heavy. Even the Kindle was heavy at times when trying to read. My tablet is probably closer to 4lbs, but...

  • RE: Change section header colors in email

    We do use a white font. If it's being changed, it's on the client side, with a CSS override or mis-interpretation of some sort. I went through this awhile back...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    There actually is a newer version of technology, not from e-ink, that has much better refresh, and can do limited colors, but is still in R&D.

    The thing that worries me...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Not sure that's true. AFAIK, the Kindles (1, 2, 3) and the Nook all use the same e-ink technology. The contrast changed slightly and they can get more grayscale, but...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Direct sun is hard. I usually read with a black background inside, but I switch to black text on white when I'm outside. I can read in the car, or...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Alvin,

    If you have a compatible phone, you might try reading on the Kindle or Nook apps on it for a few weeks and see what you think. I read almost...

  • RE: Query Grouping on multiple fields

    This is Wayne's code.

    Code test:

    -- See how this starts off with a table and data in it?

    -- If you had provided us the data in this format,

    -- it would...

  • RE: Yikes!

    The article was definitely sensationalistic. However I linked to Schneier's blog since he has some better articles in there as well that talk about pilot issues with this crash.

    My point...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Ray K (10/13/2010)


    So, Texas beats Tampa Bay in ALDS Game 5 last night. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it's the first time ever that the visiting road team...

  • RE: Are There That Many GUIDs?

    GUIDs can work, but they aren't the answer. Nor are they likely the problem.

    I'm sure we can all find edge cases where they work or don't work, but the point...

  • RE: Yikes!

    Mike Toole (10/13/2010)


    Rest easy Steve, a quick perusal of comments added to the linked report will establish that malware was certainly not the cause of the crash, and that the...

  • RE: Raw Materials - To Delete or Not to Delete?

    :), the DBA's Dilemma.

Viewing 15 posts - 17,896 through 17,910 (of 39,936 total)