Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16,561 through 16,575 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Need DB Redesign advice

    GSquared has great points. Typically a DBA brings value. They tune code, they write new reports, the improve the systems. If you are looking to hire someone that sits...

  • RE: strings....stuck

    Have you tried charindex()?

    Like:

    select

    charindex( col2, 'dbname.dbo.'),

    substring( col2, charindex( col2, 'dbname.dbo'), 30)

    from myTable

    It would help if you explained what you are trying to do...

  • RE: strings....stuck

    What you wrote isn't clear. Is that what is exactly stored in the column?

    It's not clear what you are trying to do?

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Rockies look good overall. We'll see how it translates to the season after signing some contracts with the Big 3 here.

  • RE: SQL Server Central Webinar Series #8 - Source Control: Step One for Database Lifecycle Management

    Yes, the folks at Red Gate booked it, not realizing we had a DST change recently.

    We recorded it and I'll get a link posted as soon as I can

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (3/24/2011)


    Kiara (3/24/2011)


    The movie named Starship Troopers seems to have only shared its title with the actual book... *sigh*

    True (rumored) fact. Starship Troopers started out as a different movie...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Grant Fritchey (3/24/2011)


    Sorry, I meant I'm not from Boston. I grew up in a sane place, Oklahoma.

    Ha! Oklahoma isn't sane. Just not enough people/sq mile to notice.

  • RE: Hacking Data

    They do need to rethink the security here, especially as hacking is more likely in the future, not less. I can see that there might need to be two busses,...

  • RE: Hacking Data

    nelsonj-902869 (3/24/2011)


    After further reflection on this, I think a 'hay burner' is the only transportation solution that will solve this problem.....;-)

    Uh, having hay burners around here I'd say that I...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    CirquedeSQLeil (3/24/2011)


    As far as bad drivers goes, Las Vegas takes all of the bad habits from all over the country (including many from overseas) and combines them into one place.

    Yeah...

  • RE: sys.dm_os_performance_counters

    I would tackle this slightly differently, mainly to prevent errors from stopping your process.

    I'd use POSH to grab the data on each server, from each server, and store it locally....

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Looks like everyone behaved while I was out yesterday. Good job, everyone

  • RE: NoSQL is Not the Answer

    Very true. I do expect that the tools will advance and that in a decade many of us will be supporting multiple databases. Perhaps that is some different "version" of...

  • RE: Log file not shrinking

    Read Gail's article. It has some good advice in it.

    Also, you should not be regularly truncating and shrinking. If you are in full mode, set up transaction log backups.

Viewing 15 posts - 16,561 through 16,575 (of 39,922 total)