Viewing 15 posts - 16,576 through 16,590 (of 39,922 total)
I would tend to second Gail's advice, go with a second db and see what you can get.
There's a difference between the page on disk being unreadable and causing a...
March 23, 2011 at 9:46 am
Good points on the flexibility of the NoSQL choices. I have heard some good things about MongoDB, and it might work well. But prototyping and rapidly building a system from...
March 23, 2011 at 9:35 am
The injection of code did happen with a CD, which also distracts the issue. There is the ability of someone to inject code in anywhere a decode happens, whether by...
March 23, 2011 at 9:30 am
Typically you want to be aware of issues, not making checks to see what has run. That's a bit of a waste of your time. Assume the backups are working...
March 23, 2011 at 9:22 am
I don't think we intended this, but we'll have to decide how to handle it.
March 22, 2011 at 5:15 pm
Kids do streaming and games
I downloaded the MCM prep videos and watched them. I read a decent amount on it but still read more on my phone. I also...
March 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm
Index key column is the column used in the index, and used by the optimizer to decide of the index is applicable. It's also used by the execution engine to...
March 21, 2011 at 6:26 pm
Partitioning isn't an option with Workgroup Edition. Need Enterprise Edition for that.
2mm isn't a lot. 200mm, yes. However that depends on table design. If I had a narrow table, say...
March 21, 2011 at 4:32 pm
SQLkiwi (3/21/2011)
David Benoit (3/21/2011)
I didn't see you presenting on the schedule. Did I miss something?No, you didn't miss anything; I'm not currently scheduled to speak.
If you get tired, stop off...
March 21, 2011 at 4:23 pm
Haven't heard from anyone about Sp1 for R2 as of yet. I'd expect it soon
March 21, 2011 at 4:20 pm
The problem comes in when T-SQL grows and what was an acceptable word in the previous version is not in this one.
March 21, 2011 at 3:57 pm
The RDBMS, adhering to some strict academic definition or not, is certainly not dead or a dead end. It works extremely well for many solutions. There might be improved ways...
March 21, 2011 at 12:46 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 16,576 through 16,590 (of 39,922 total)