Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16,471 through 16,485 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: How to find Row number

    Gail is correct. There are no "row numbers" in a table. You can add an ORDER BY when you query the table, and in that case you can get the...

  • RE: SQL Injection Everywhere

    jay holovacs (4/11/2011)


    There is LOTS of silly fluff in cars, and lots of unnecessary automation. If you can't determine when you need your wipers on, you do not belong behind...

  • RE: SQL Injection Everywhere

    Joe Johnson-482549 (4/11/2011)


    First, you mention that turning up your refrigerator is not that bad, but what if it was more malicious -- say they turn it up while you're gone...

  • RE: SQL Injection Everywhere

    blandry (4/11/2011)


    Welcome to the future; a hackers paradise of ill-thought out technological wonders.

    Very true, but I wouldn't think this is the case because someone invented a convenience. Only because...

  • RE: SQL Injection Everywhere

    Jeff Moden (4/10/2011)


    I think people have really gotten silly with computers. I mean, c'mon! Why would anyone connect a bloody washing machine to the internet?

    On the surface I...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Rangers look good, Rockies in first place, and Yankees playing well, despite getting shut out last night.

    Looks like we have some teams roaring ahead out of the gate, others really...

  • RE: Subscribed Topics list

    Interesting. Not necessarily a hard query, but I'll have to see if I can fit it in somewhere.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    David Burrows (4/7/2011)


    Dave Ballantyne (4/6/2011)


    Any other threadzian going to be at sqlbits ?

    Yarp, Saturday.

    I was hoping to come, but the timing was bad. If it were 2-3 weeks later, I'd...

  • RE: Running a sql server 2008 job to back up to network folder

    Can you run the "dir" job from Agent and have that work?

    It's definitely a strange error. It's almost like you have some token or kereberos issue with the job.

    If...

  • RE: PatIndex

    Do the select without the cast to datetime and see what data comes back. If you convert everything to varchar at first, you can start to look for places where...

  • RE: Social Networking Prowess

    You do pull together the teams quickly, but that doesn't mean you haven't built relationships with people over time. We know people across time, we built relationships across time. If...

  • RE: Some kind of DR / backup solution ???

    If you keep the databases in simple mode, you can really only DR from the night before. That's OK, but really ask your payroll people if the db fails at...

  • RE: Replace function

    In Management Studio, right click a table, select Script Table, as Create, to wherever and paste that in here. You'll have something like:

    CREATE TABLE [HumanResources].[EmployeeDepartmentHistory](

    [BusinessEntityID] [int] NOT NULL,

    [DepartmentID] [smallint] NOT...

  • RE: Social Networking Prowess

    I'd highly disagree. You're assuming that one or two interactions would build some confidence. If I corresponded with a mechanic for a year online, and he/she answered questions I had...

  • RE: When to do column only encryption?

    sturner (4/6/2011)


    Jeff Moden (4/1/2011)


    I've also seen folks that do it just the opposite. Encrypt the item you're trying to find and look that up in the encrypted column. ...

Viewing 15 posts - 16,471 through 16,485 (of 39,922 total)