Viewing 15 posts - 16,456 through 16,470 (of 39,922 total)
I tend to do what the ninja does. Track database full backup size history. That will tell you what the growth is and what your data size, at least close...
April 12, 2011 at 10:53 am
Eric M Russell (4/12/2011)
April 12, 2011 at 10:46 am
SanDroid (4/12/2011)
Great article and wonderful graphic.
One question I have always had about this new Policy of least privilege that M$ started pushing for in XP is this.
Are internal...
April 12, 2011 at 10:44 am
Eric M Russell (4/12/2011)
April 12, 2011 at 8:21 am
Stefan Krzywicki (4/12/2011)
WayneS (4/12/2011)
Stefan Krzywicki (4/12/2011)
I see SanDroid has started digging again...Where?
Still on your QOTD. bottom of the page and then on the next page.
I love when Gail is correcting...
April 12, 2011 at 8:20 am
You can read posts and questions in forums like this one and try to answer the questions yourself or make a solution on your local system.
You might try also picking...
April 12, 2011 at 7:23 am
Everyone will get points back and I have corrected the question. Apologies for not fixing this earlier.
You do not have to post to get points back. When we have an...
April 12, 2011 at 7:13 am
GilaMonster (4/11/2011)
Ok, had enough complaints about the lizard. Let's see if this is better.
you crossed me up. I thought someone had hacked your account or somehow gotten a duplicate user...
April 11, 2011 at 3:01 pm
I might make sure you circulate the issue widely than so that people are aware that something with a huge number isn't correct. I'd hate to think that someone copies...
April 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm
nvarchar has a higher precedence, so the varchar -> nvarchar works fine, as noted by Mr. Poole.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190309.aspx
Converting down causes the index issues. Lots of ORMs and some frameworks will...
April 11, 2011 at 9:55 am
I'm not sure I think it will work that well, but I do think that we do have electrical issues in the grid and at some point we'll have an...
April 11, 2011 at 9:29 am
Dave/Jay,
Connecting a smart appliance to an IP network (not necessarily the Internet) is about efficiency, grid balancing.
The electrical grid balancing is not necessarily about government, but more about helping power...
April 11, 2011 at 9:20 am
I like the 300 9s as a marker, as long as people aren't rolling up values in aggregates. In that case, you might cause all sorts of people to get...
April 11, 2011 at 9:12 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,456 through 16,470 (of 39,922 total)