Viewing 15 posts - 16,216 through 16,230 (of 39,922 total)
I'd agree with @troubleshootingsql. Set max memory in each instance, with the sum of your settings being 2GB less than the total memory.
Or to make it easy, set each instance...
May 10, 2011 at 8:47 am
Added spaces into the code. Should look fine now.
May 10, 2011 at 8:42 am
John Mitchell-245523 (5/9/2011)
May 9, 2011 at 9:20 am
Christian Buettner-167247 (5/9/2011)
For heaps, there are no page splits, therefore the only counter that gives me the answer for both, indexes & heaps,...
May 9, 2011 at 9:18 am
Speed definitely matters. If your software doesn't take a longer access time into account, it can be an issue.
May 9, 2011 at 8:25 am
SQL Server doesn't provide you any way to read the backup file and extract only a table. There are third party tools that can do this, but you would have...
May 8, 2011 at 8:40 am
I don't believe that configuration changes are in the schema changes report.You want the Configurations Changes History report.
May 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm
GilaMonster (5/6/2011)
Off to SQLSaturday, the first one in Africa
Enjoy!
May 7, 2011 at 9:53 am
SanDroid (5/6/2011)
Paul Randal (5/6/2011)
May 6, 2011 at 5:04 pm
I'm not sure there's something you "need" to know about R2. There are more features, PBM is enhanced, filestream, etc. that are changed a bit, but I'm not sure there...
May 6, 2011 at 1:24 pm
JC-3113 (5/6/2011)
So there are no "Best Practices" documents out there?Just this Analyzer ?
Thanks
Jim
What best practices are you looking for? SQL Server is so wide, with so many features, it's hard...
May 6, 2011 at 12:35 pm
AFAIK, most people are still running with SPs. I haven't seen much positive or negative on the R2 CUs.
I'll check the R2 link
May 6, 2011 at 12:15 pm
pubic is a role that should not have permissions assigned. That query returns nothing for my instances, which leads me to believe someone has assigned permissions on your server.
If I...
May 6, 2011 at 10:42 am
Interesting blog post from Roy. Anyone ever tried this?
I used to go to a networking conference with my boss. A bit of a boondoggle, but I did get to point...
May 6, 2011 at 10:04 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,216 through 16,230 (of 39,922 total)