Viewing 15 posts - 16,156 through 16,170 (of 39,922 total)
I think I use varchar(250) for mine.
Ultimately there is no difference to SQL Server if it's varchar(36) or varchar(1000) other than what the upper limit is for entries. Go large,...
May 16, 2011 at 9:06 am
It's not quite clear, perhaps from the formatting, or from the description what you mean. Can you specifically list which column you are outputting and where and how it is...
May 16, 2011 at 9:00 am
UMG Developer (5/13/2011)
Steve,
If you lookup may in a dictionary you will notice that item 4 is: "shall, must —used in law where the sense, purpose, or policy requires this interpretation."
So...
May 16, 2011 at 8:54 am
michael.kaufmann (5/16/2011)
I'm even more confused now ... :w00t:
The edited correct answer reads:
[...] Rows CAN span multiple pages.
[...] Ref: Pages and Extents - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190969.aspx Rows CANNOT span pages
BOL is wrong on...
May 16, 2011 at 8:50 am
dduensing (5/16/2011)
May 16, 2011 at 8:45 am
Brandie Tarvin (5/13/2011)
I thought I wrote it as "data pages". Didn't I?
Perhaps. I think I altered it since the LOB data part wasn't included. Data could include LOB.
I think it...
May 13, 2011 at 9:35 am
SQLkiwi (5/13/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/13/2011)
Comments encouraged on the changes.
"Extents may be owned by only one object".
This still reads (to me) as excluding the possibility that an extent may...
May 13, 2011 at 9:33 am
Paul Randal (5/13/2011)
May 13, 2011 at 9:30 am
In that case, if someone mucked with system tables, you probably have the right approach. I might suggest the bcp method, which has worked well for me.
I would script out...
May 13, 2011 at 9:28 am
You should restore the full, then try log 1, then try log 2. It may not need log 1, but SQL will let you know. No harm done in trying.
Actually,...
May 13, 2011 at 9:08 am
Hugo Kornelis (5/13/2011)
In the daily newsletter, the question specifies to "select 4". Which is what I did. And then I find that the site thinks I am wrong, because both...
May 13, 2011 at 8:57 am
I'm a little confused. If you know what permissions are needed, can you not just add them to the existing database? You'll need to add them to the new database...
May 13, 2011 at 8:54 am
Brandie Tarvin (5/13/2011)
Why am I not surprised over the quibbling on the QOTD?I really wasn't trying to trick anyone. Honest.
I have to admit the "can" threw me when I...
May 13, 2011 at 8:50 am
OK, I went back and forth on "can" myself. I ended up leaving it, but I can see that it in fact may (no pun) have created more confusion.
So,...
May 13, 2011 at 8:42 am
Short answer, natively, no. You cannot restore with less than the size that existed for the data and log files at the time of the backup.
There are third party solutions,...
May 12, 2011 at 10:54 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,156 through 16,170 (of 39,922 total)