Viewing 15 posts - 16,081 through 16,095 (of 39,922 total)
cfradenburg is correct. You can install your database if you script it, but if you have used any features that are limited by edition, you will not be able to...
May 20, 2011 at 2:58 pm
I don't have the dev exams for the MCM, but I could take the test. I assume if I passed I'd have to go backfill the dev exams to get...
May 20, 2011 at 2:32 pm
Interesting. It seems almost as though some of these questions are at too low a level. I might instead ask more development philosophical type questions:
- How important is it for...
May 20, 2011 at 11:44 am
You have the fundamental design here for sizes. They are related to the product, but there are many of them, so they are a child attribute.
In terms of a campaign,...
May 20, 2011 at 10:14 am
Each CU is listed as being for RTM or for a specific SP. You must have installed that level before applying the CU.
The build list for 2008 is here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQL+Server+2008/63491/
The...
May 20, 2011 at 9:53 am
I would tend to listen to Allan as he's had a lot of experience with clusters.
However, I would use VMWare/VirtualBox/HyperV to set up a test cluster and experiment there.
May 20, 2011 at 9:51 am
We are running SS2K8 here at SSC and see no reason to upgrade now. We don't do a lot of BI work with the production dbs that back the site.
May 20, 2011 at 9:49 am
Richard M Karpel (5/20/2011)
May 20, 2011 at 8:57 am
paul s-306273 (5/20/2011)
Nice question Steve.Was the '8.3 NTFS' just a trick?
Yes and no. You can disable 8.3 name creation in NTFS (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121007), and that is required for FILESTREAM. Or at...
May 20, 2011 at 8:53 am
mohammed moinudheen (5/20/2011)
There is one thing I noticed in your questions-mostly the answer to your question is usually the first choice in the option list...
May 20, 2011 at 8:49 am
jmadsen 98862 (5/20/2011)
Bottom line - don't work for the highest $$. My highest paying jobs have been the worst. I don't think that's coincidental, I think they know the job...
May 20, 2011 at 8:48 am
What I have done is store full backups with the log files. you don't want them with the data files because they're the same thing and if you lose that...
May 19, 2011 at 4:06 pm
OK, not sure I completely understand SQLRNNR's solution, but Jason, that is cool. Tested a few combinations and it seems to work very well.
Thanks.
May 19, 2011 at 3:58 pm
Sorry, I saw your code and my wife came home from 3 days in Boston. Got distracted 😛
May 19, 2011 at 3:53 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 16,081 through 16,095 (of 39,922 total)