Viewing 15 posts - 16,066 through 16,080 (of 39,921 total)
dduensing (5/24/2011)
Agility without focus is fairly useless. Apps that are released to the world without a support plan, or a way to formally pipe the feedback in...
May 24, 2011 at 8:39 am
mpalecek (5/24/2011)
Projects routinely get started with a good plan and scope. After a short...
May 24, 2011 at 8:38 am
roger.plowman (5/24/2011)
Steve, that's a recipe for absolute disaster.
First, you're falling into the "get it out the door, we'll test it afterward" trap. Second, users will initially love it, and cause...
May 24, 2011 at 8:37 am
You need a dynamic properties task to alter the connection, or a scripting task.
This can help you rename the file in a script task: http://www.sqldts.com/292.aspx
May 24, 2011 at 8:29 am
I have had a Kindle (gen 1) and an iPad. I think that reading online, AKA a browser, the iPad works better. Hadn't tried the Nook, but I'd consider that....
May 23, 2011 at 8:48 pm
You could use this and read the DCM. That might be the most reliable
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Administration/differentialbackupprediction/2306/
May 23, 2011 at 8:41 pm
PhilDaniels (5/23/2011)
May 23, 2011 at 2:38 pm
Craig Farrell (5/23/2011)
May 23, 2011 at 2:28 pm
You can come to me with another job offer once, if you're a good and valuable employee. The second time I would feel that I can't please you and I...
May 23, 2011 at 11:41 am
Jeffrey is completely correct. The intention of the trigger might not seem to matter in a transaction, but it could be a disaster lurking if you disable it.
Imagine you...
May 23, 2011 at 10:49 am
krowley (5/23/2011)
Raise? What raise? Seriously I know things are turning around in hiring IT wise, but mostly I just still feel lucky to even have a job in this economy.
Perhaps,...
May 23, 2011 at 9:41 am
Tom.Thomson (5/22/2011)
Jan Van der Eecken (5/22/2011)
@tom, how is your article (series) on Normalization going?
I sent the first one to Steve a while back, waiting for feedback - 1NF is...
May 23, 2011 at 9:33 am
Are these roles or users?
Roles exist to make the management of users easier. Users are there for security. Having a single generic login may compromise your security. If you...
May 23, 2011 at 9:31 am
Look at the links above for a comparison of editions and what you can do with each.
As long as your database is the same level, meaning same server version and...
May 20, 2011 at 9:23 pm
cfradenburg is correct. You can install your database if you script it, but if you have used any features that are limited by edition, you will not be able to...
May 20, 2011 at 2:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 16,066 through 16,080 (of 39,921 total)