Viewing 15 posts - 16,051 through 16,065 (of 39,921 total)
LOL, maybe ask your boss and see what he/she thinks.
I'll have enough apps to review for Exceptional. I'd hate to think how many I'd get for acceptable :w00t:
May 25, 2011 at 8:59 am
I don't see anything weird there. Is there something I'm missing? Can someone post a screen shot.
May 25, 2011 at 8:34 am
Peter Maloof (5/24/2011)
EdVassie (5/24/2011)
The agile methodology using Scrum (and its variations) is by far the most effective way I have seen for delivering useable value to the business.
I'm not a...
May 24, 2011 at 12:36 pm
create table UserTracking
( trackid int identity(1,1)
, userlogin varchar(200)
, logintime datetime
)
go
grant insert on UserTracking to Public
Change your trigger:
CREATE TRIGGER connection_info_trigger
ON ALL SERVER
FOR LOGON
AS
BEGIN
insert UserTracking (userlogin, logintime)
...
May 24, 2011 at 11:55 am
Amazing amount of stuff in RTF. The Word files are XML storage, AFAIK, so you can even store those, but you need an interpreter to render them back.
The transformation to...
May 24, 2011 at 11:13 am
Search encryption programs, or check for your OS. Win 7 has some built in options, including the ability to encrypt flash drives. Same for some of the Norton/Symmantec products.
May 24, 2011 at 11:08 am
I like using a logon trigger to track this, grab the IP and go from there. Best to just get the info you can, and then handle it offline by...
May 24, 2011 at 10:09 am
Rich text, AFAIK, isn't unicode. It's markup inside the text that is interpreted by the editor. So if I make a set of bold text and a regular text like...
May 24, 2011 at 9:58 am
Code to show duplicate values, without constraint (SS2K8R2)
DROP TABLE dbo.MyTable
CREATE TABLE mytable
( id INT IDENTITY(1,1)
, mychar VARCHAR(10)
)
GO
INSERT mytable SELECT 'A'
INSERT mytable SELECT 'B'
INSERT mytable SELECT 'C'
SELECT * FROM dbo.MyTable
SET IDENTITY_INSERT...
May 24, 2011 at 9:55 am
No idea on relationships, but nvarchar(max) and varchar(max) for Latin data are the same. Only if you are storing data requiring Unicode does this matter.
May 24, 2011 at 9:32 am
This might help: http://geekswithblogs.net/pakistan/archive/2005/04/19/36884.aspx
You need to SELECT the data from the table, but the client has to deal with the stream.
May 24, 2011 at 9:29 am
bcp makes the most sense to me. Easy to use, upgradeable across versions.
May 24, 2011 at 9:06 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reentrant_%28computing%29
It means the same section of code can be executing from one user (or process) and a second user can then use that same code again and start executing it...
May 24, 2011 at 8:54 am
Stefan Krzywicki (5/24/2011)
Plus, if the person gets undercover help and succeeds, they're going to be asked to do more that they're going to need help with. It becomes a never-ending...
May 24, 2011 at 8:45 am
Gail is correct, the shrink is bad, and the reorganize will rebuild indexes. You can read here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188964.aspx
When that runs, it will require space in the database, and it will log...
May 24, 2011 at 8:41 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,051 through 16,065 (of 39,921 total)