Viewing 15 posts - 16,036 through 16,050 (of 39,921 total)
I've started looking for some, and we'll see.
I think many of the people at SSC are worried about cost, others worried about security or legal issues. There are people using...
May 26, 2011 at 9:05 am
GilaMonster (5/26/2011)
Roy Ernest (5/26/2011)
May 26, 2011 at 9:01 am
"may" speaks to possibilities. Extents can be uniform (one object stored) or mixed (multiple objects stored)
May 26, 2011 at 8:58 am
Perhaps another word would be better, but I do see so many of our executives as being greedy. Not evil, but getting caught up in the Lord Byron quote about...
May 26, 2011 at 8:55 am
Brandie Tarvin (5/3/2011)
GilaMonster (5/2/2011)
Woot!!!!!!!!!!http://www.allenkinsel.com/archive/2011/05/further-promoting-the-growth-of-speakers/
Congrats, Gail!
Ditto. Hopefully I'll get to see it on a recording or live in Oct.
May 26, 2011 at 8:50 am
Apologies on the year. I've corrected that.
I should have noted this is OS dependent. My apologies for that. From the explanation URL: NULL if the CHECK_POLICY or CHECK_EXPIRATION is OFF...
May 26, 2011 at 8:44 am
AFAIK, from the licensing docs, if you have 2 sockets in your server, you need two licenses. You cannot set affinity for one processor according to the Microsoft documentation.
Page 4...
May 25, 2011 at 4:45 pm
GilaMonster (5/25/2011)
Grant and I are talking Execution plans for a whole day at PASS Summit this year.You are all coming? Right?
Is that for sure? Did they pick pre-cons?
Very tempting...
May 25, 2011 at 4:16 pm
I tend to agree with GSquared, you're tackling this the wrong way and asking for problems. I'd move this to a set based storage, where you are keeping the various...
May 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm
I think the cost has deterred much experimentation. There are some MVPs doing work and Grant Fritchey is testing some stuff. I'll see if we can't get some articles going.
Grant's...
May 25, 2011 at 10:24 am
I've searched a dozen links and I don't find "partition lock" as a term in BOL. The idea is there, and even in the ALTER TABLE options, it does say...
May 25, 2011 at 10:19 am
By default, they have rights on the machine, but you can set up folders that don't allow the administrator access. An admin can take access, but that is noted and...
May 25, 2011 at 9:29 am
Thanks for the notes, and glad you liked it.
I know that Millenials is a generalization, and certainly people feel differently with that group. It encompasses people of a variety of...
May 25, 2011 at 9:27 am
I think that's a IE issue. I don't see that at all in Firefox. I'll have someone look at it
May 25, 2011 at 9:08 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,036 through 16,050 (of 39,921 total)