Viewing 15 posts - 16,021 through 16,035 (of 39,921 total)
Jeff Moden (5/28/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/27/2011)
Now we got the $27k Prius in '07, but got a $1500 tax credit and saved a ton of gas.
What did it do...
May 29, 2011 at 11:04 am
Stefan Krzywicki (5/27/2011)
I've been meaning to ask, how are your horses doing? I hear there's a quarantine in Colorado right now.
We're fine. Horses have been on property for weeks, so...
May 27, 2011 at 8:06 pm
bitbucket-25253 (5/27/2011)
May 27, 2011 at 5:27 pm
Jack Corbett (5/27/2011)
GilaMonster (5/27/2011)
Precon and spotlight! Could this PASS Summit get any better?
Sure, I could go, and attend the precon and the spotlight!
Side note for those not on Twitter, I...
May 27, 2011 at 2:49 pm
bitbucket-25253 (5/27/2011)
May 27, 2011 at 2:47 pm
Stefan Krzywicki (5/27/2011)
GSquared (5/27/2011)
May 27, 2011 at 2:45 pm
The passwords in native SQL Server backups are weak.
I was thinking more of managing the encryption keys/passwords for third party tools that encrypt the backups. Tools like SQL Backup...
May 27, 2011 at 9:19 am
mgraham 67977 (5/27/2011)
May 27, 2011 at 9:13 am
Arrgggghhhhh.
My apologies. The second sentence was intended to be an example, not part of the questions and I inadvertently phrased it backwards.
I've awarded back points to everyone so far and...
May 27, 2011 at 9:11 am
you don't add the service name. You add the account under which the service runs. Those are separate things.
The service name is just meta data, like the full name for...
May 26, 2011 at 2:10 pm
I think that the OP said both SQL and the custom service are on the same machine (Server1) in this case. Your point is valid, and since services can move,...
May 26, 2011 at 10:07 am
Right click in SSMS the database and select Export. Use the wizard. It builds simple SSIS packages.
May 26, 2011 at 9:36 am
I think Elliot has good advice here. I'm not sure what happens here with the Local System account. Typically you run that for various services, but not necessarily those that...
May 26, 2011 at 9:24 am
Good luck, and I feel for you on the bad design.
Moving to one trigger that simplifies the update sounds like a better idea if you're stuck here. The less...
May 26, 2011 at 9:09 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,021 through 16,035 (of 39,921 total)