Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,976 through 15,990 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Rockies are behind the Dodgers now. Slipping quickly.

  • RE: Talking baseball

    The team pays for security (to the department), but often they use regular police, who are off-duty, but wear uniforms and have full rights to arrest, etc. I have a...

  • RE: Why Can't We Code?

    Revenant (6/8/2011)


    I do not have any technical details of my most interesting projects on my resume. The item just says "Technical details of this assignment remain [company] confidential." ...

  • RE: Logshipping

    rfr.ferrari (6/8/2011)


    but, with relation the High Availability, forget!!! if my server catch a fire or explode!!!

    😀

    There are more disasters than a fire or explosion. This can be handy if someone...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Stefan Krzywicki (6/8/2011)


    Most fitness people I've read say that it is the cumulative exercise over the day that counts. Since it is 1/4 mile to the office, that means you...

  • RE: Mathematical Theory (controversy!)

    This whole thread has a lot of nonsense in it :hehe:

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Greg Edwards-268690 (6/8/2011)


    Grant Fritchey (6/8/2011)


    Don't forget to get out and Run with Steve[/url] today everyone.

    Maybe he inspired the horse running around 35W this morning.

    I think it got around a mile...

  • RE: Why Can't We Code?

    peter-757102 (6/8/2011)


    Demonstrating something you have done is getting harder by the day, because all work is hidden on inaccessible servers when at an interview location. So it is just your...

  • RE: Permissions basics

    Lowell has explained it well, and I'd second his advice.

    Just grant what you need to a role, and add users to a role. Even if it's one person, at some...

  • RE: Duplicate

    SQL Server doesn't track when something was inserted. There is no ordering to records, meaning that if you inserted

    1 11 ABC 100

    1 11 ABC 101

    2 12 XYZ 102

    2 12...

  • RE: Duplicate

    You want this based on Acct_ID and acct_row then. When you specify the ordering, you are choosing this based on some other value. There is no ordering in SQL Server,...

  • RE: Multiple files in filegroup data distribution

    I think I've phrased it wrong. The weighting has to do with free space, so if you have different size files (I've never done this), it can result in some...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    ALZDBA (6/7/2011)


    SQLRNNR (6/7/2011)


    ALZDBA (6/7/2011)


    What's with the watermark on our SSC ??

    Is it webmaster fun, or is SSC changing logo ?

    Where do you see this watermark?

    I get to see it in...

  • RE: Multiple files in filegroup data distribution

    SQL has, and still does, use proportional fill, meaning that it attempts to distribute data so that the total data in the files is equal, not the data you add....

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (6/7/2011)


    The client-from-hell is no more.

    Good

Viewing 15 posts - 15,976 through 15,990 (of 39,921 total)