Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,991 through 16,005 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: GO

    cfradenburg (6/7/2011)


    Ninja's_RGR'us (6/7/2011)


    Now what kind of holidays is that???

    Back to the horses or I tell your wife :hehe:.

    I'm pretty sure he didn't ride horses down to Florida which is where...

  • RE: Economics

    A couple notes.

    first, this was a reprint for 2006, and the story in question from 2005, so it's a bit dated.

    There wasn't a set aside time for reading, not sure...

  • RE: Mathematical Theory (controversy!)

    GSquared (6/7/2011)


    Steve, when you originally envisioned SSC, did you imagine it would end up having debates on the meaning of "philosophy" and the definitions of "1" as part of the...

  • RE: New code IFCode

    We've talked about Powershell. we need an enhancement to the engine that renders the different codes, but I'll see what we can do.

    the "plain" should work for cmd stuff.

  • RE: GO

    My apologies. The question has been corrected with a count(*) instead of a SELECT *. I am sure that I saw 50 results in testing and let it go as...

  • RE: Mathematical Theory (controversy!)

    Craig Farrell (6/6/2011)


    calvo (6/6/2011)


    GSquared (6/6/2011)..."Billion" means two different things on different sides of The Pond.

    wow. I was about to question this when I looked it up, totally threw me for...

  • RE: How to estimate the size of the distribution database?

    If you do have a very large distribution database, it could indicate something is wrong. Transactions sit in the distribution database until all subscribers have picked them up. If you...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)


    Okay denizens of The Thread, I got a call yesterday evening from my oldest daughter that actually left me speechless.

    I am going to be grandfather![/i]

    Looks like I'll need...

  • RE: Primary FileGroup Fill

    Are you sure these are separate files in the Primary and not separate filegroups?

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Rolling to Pensacola in the am for SQL Sat 77, and likely out of touch most of Fri and Mon (vacation). Hope to see some of you there.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Rich Yarger (6/1/2011)


    GilaMonster (6/1/2011)


    DBCC RunLikeHell

    DBCC LMBOAGail

    LOL, maybe Gail needs a

    DBCC JobChange ('<html><submit url="www.dice.com" attach="resume.doc">')

  • RE: Who's On link

    I'll add it to the list but if it's more than a quick 1-2 liner, it's low priority.

  • RE: Will it be successful or will it break the logshipping?

    I believe that log shipping should restart. Move over a full backup and then only log files since the full backup completed and log shipping should be able to pick...

  • RE: The Care of Data

    jay holovacs (6/1/2011)


    It should also be technically possible to have very short lifetimes on stored CC account numbers (i.e. approved vendors will be continuously updated with encrypted signed updates but...

  • RE: The Care of Data

    mar10br0 (6/1/2011)


    Hi Steve, agree with you in almost all aspects. But, "If a cloud vendor's employees can access your files, so can a hacker that gains access". Well yes, but...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,991 through 16,005 (of 39,921 total)