Viewing 15 posts - 15,901 through 15,915 (of 39,921 total)
I'd agree with Craig. This is why you separate clients into separate databases. When one starts to use too many resources, you move them to their own instance/server.
June 13, 2011 at 12:40 pm
Top month posting for the Ninja is 1717.
Wow, not sure I've ever posted that much.
June 13, 2011 at 12:28 pm
Enjoy the new job, Jack. Hope things go smoothly moving back to the NE
June 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm
As soon as I get my VPN working, I'll look it up. Right now it's won't maintain a connection and I'm a little stuck.
June 13, 2011 at 11:00 am
If I create this view:
CREATE VIEW mytest WITH ENCRYPTION
AS
SELECT e.EmployeeID ,
e.Gender ,
e.HireDate...
June 13, 2011 at 10:41 am
I have 2.5 kids (one's in college), so that's eaten up a lot of my time with Scouts and other kid activities. Add to that the ranch I live on...
June 13, 2011 at 9:56 am
sturner (6/10/2011)
Reloading ammo is always relaxing.
Is that the relaxing part or the shooting up pictures of annoying bosses?
June 13, 2011 at 9:52 am
LOL, 23..... Everything is weird at 23.
I think I had pop-tarts for awhile in my 20s at various jobs. Easy way to start the day.
At 44, I've switched to protein...
June 13, 2011 at 9:52 am
Our "real world financial problem" individual sent me a note that he got a "real answer" on the MSDN forums.
He ignored the fact that someone on the thread said...
June 13, 2011 at 9:49 am
Look at the columns in the DMV. Create a table with the same columns, perhaps with one more for timestamping. Then insert data from the DMV select into that table.
June 13, 2011 at 9:32 am
A second for ALZDBA's article on trace, and second that Grant has noted trace is what you need, not Profiler.
Another note. Management shouldn't care how you do this. Your job...
June 13, 2011 at 9:29 am
Yes, full text changed a lot in 2008. It became Integrated Full Text Search, with additional enhancements for multi-languages, better indexing of documents and more. Check Books Online for more...
June 13, 2011 at 9:25 am
We always only return 150. You can search by keyword or topic. You have to narrow down the search in some way.
June 13, 2011 at 9:24 am
Tom.Thomson (6/13/2011)
But one major niggle and one minor niggle:
Major niggle: if page compression is enabled on a table already containing data, each page is rebuilt and evaluated for page...
June 13, 2011 at 9:16 am
Search for a cross tab query. It's not easy or efficient, especially if you don't have a set number of rows that you are changing to columns.
June 13, 2011 at 9:11 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,901 through 15,915 (of 39,921 total)