Viewing 15 posts - 15,916 through 15,930 (of 39,921 total)
I am not sure how much of a difference this makes in SQL 2000, but it should help. If you can partition on a field that will remove most of...
June 13, 2011 at 9:10 am
I have not heard about any issues with it. It's a fairly simple process and works well.
The third party tools do a better job of compression, but at the expense...
June 13, 2011 at 8:57 am
Most tools don't replace something like Replication Monitor. The tools do catch errors that are logged to the Error log in SQL Server.
I have heard good things about all of...
June 13, 2011 at 8:56 am
Performance monitor has low overhead, and you can run it from your machine, but I'm not sure it's better. You want to log the data, not run it interactively.
June 12, 2011 at 10:45 am
You have to search for them. We have a performance limit of 150 posts.
June 12, 2011 at 10:44 am
Did you set an sa password? Did you add your account as an admin during setup?
Also, you aren't necessarily running as administrator on the local machine. Shift right click the...
June 12, 2011 at 9:59 am
If you changed the email in your account, all posts move with the account. You still have 433 points, which I assume mean posts.
How are you searching for posts?
Also, please...
June 12, 2011 at 9:58 am
Right click the database, select "generate script" and there is an option to include permissions.
However the easiest way to move the database is a backup and restore. That will include...
June 12, 2011 at 9:57 am
June 12, 2011 at 9:56 am
First, if you've never done this, tell your manager you don't know how to do this. Screwing up a cluster without warning someone is way worse than anything else. You...
June 12, 2011 at 9:55 am
The database will restore with user permission. however logins are not part of a backup or restore. You can script them with sp_help_revlogin (from MS) and run the resulting script...
June 12, 2011 at 9:53 am
Blocking is normal. Excessive blocking is not, but you'd need to monitor over time to know if the blocks are held for a length of time.
What you ought to do...
June 12, 2011 at 9:51 am
AFAIK, this data isn't stored. I think the maxes are kept, but a very limited amount of data is stored overall. I think it's just related to the queries in...
June 12, 2011 at 9:50 am
The agent does the copy, but the restore is always handled by the engine. The log shipping agent (sql agent or proxy accnt) "asks" the engine to perform a restore,...
June 12, 2011 at 9:48 am
I'd tend to agree with Grant. Raise the threshold. You don't want queries unnecessarily grabbing codes to execute in parallel if they aren't sufficiently complex.
June 12, 2011 at 9:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,916 through 15,930 (of 39,921 total)