Viewing 15 posts - 15,661 through 15,675 (of 39,921 total)
WayneS (7/8/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/8/2011)
TGIFActually not so much. Leaving for the UK on Sunday, will be out of touch for most of the next week. Behave.
Does this mean...
July 8, 2011 at 11:32 am
Ray K (7/8/2011)
Came across this really nice essay by Doug Glanville that puts Derek Jeter and 3000 hits into perspective.
that is great. A nice read
July 8, 2011 at 11:31 am
SQLRNNR (7/8/2011)
SQLkiwi (7/8/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/8/2011)
Behave.Badly?
Think much much worse than that 😀
Umm, should I disable a few accounts today?
July 8, 2011 at 10:15 am
BTW, this is interesting: http://gigaom.com/cloud/facebook-trapped-in-mysql-fate-worse-than-death/
July 8, 2011 at 9:22 am
TGIF
Actually not so much. Leaving for the UK on Sunday, will be out of touch for most of the next week. Behave.
July 8, 2011 at 9:22 am
Be aware that indexed views are good, but if you use them, you are increasing the load on your database. This view has to be maintained whenever you change data...
July 8, 2011 at 9:10 am
I've not had an issue with service accounts and saving passwords, except when I have shared accounts.
Make sure that you pick a domain account that DOES NOT have "change password...
July 8, 2011 at 9:08 am
Just to be clear, you are seeing a SQL backup in msdb..backuphistory from VMWare and there aren't any jobs setup?
It's certainly possible, and I would agree with CarpenterBob that you...
July 8, 2011 at 9:06 am
A couple of things to look at then.
RTO: What's the time to restore in a disaster, and what does that mean for lost work/productivity or sales. Put numbers to it...
July 7, 2011 at 2:07 pm
If you run this in SQL Server, what happens?
select distinct Region
from RegionTable
Use your own field/table names.
July 7, 2011 at 12:44 pm
I'm not sure I understand. Are you striping the backup across 7 files to one Data Domain device? Is that a single array/LUN/drive?
The speed in backup comes from multiple physical...
July 7, 2011 at 12:31 pm
Possibly something with SQL, but I wouldn't think so if other clients can connect. Unless it's a shared DLL somewhere.
It could be OS related, but it's definitely some call in...
July 7, 2011 at 12:24 pm
Enjoy, Ray.
Looks like my first game will be Aug. My wife is planning a team builder with her company for the Rockies/Dodgers.
July 7, 2011 at 12:23 pm
If SQL is not case sensitive, you ought to be getting back just one row there. What query are you running, or how are you doing this. If Crystal is...
July 7, 2011 at 12:22 pm
I'd run a trace to see where it hangs, but it almost sounds like a corrupt client tools issue. I might reinstall just the client tools
July 7, 2011 at 11:12 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,661 through 15,675 (of 39,921 total)