Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,571 through 15,585 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Couple of SQL Server Agent questions

    The schedules are only for the re-use of the data, not for the execution. As Mr. Turner has noted, Jobs execute in parallel, or asynchronously of one another, regardless of...

  • RE: Understanding the syntax of the Insert,Delete,Merge.. and more syntax

    Interesting. I'll see if we can come up with an article on this.

  • RE: NewSQL Can Save the World

    richardd (7/26/2011)


    So a man who runs a company which sells a competitor to "oldSQL" products has given an interview saying the "oldSQL" is bad, and his "newSQL" competitor is doubleplusgood?

    OK,...

  • RE: NUMA

    I'm not sure that "nodes" was that confusing, but I've reworded it. I don't see a problem with the change.

  • RE: guaranteed unique?

    David.Poole (7/25/2011)


    If you accept the premise that your surrogate keys are going to be BIGINT values then you could try the following

    The right most 6 characters are just a sequential...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Trey Staker (7/25/2011)


    Speaking of superhero type movies, I rented "I am Number Four" this weekend and watched twice. I really enjoyed it, I rarely watch a movie more than...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    And to get back to the water cooler...

    Saw Captain America last night, and enjoyed it. The plot was a little rushed in places, and some of the action sequences were...

  • RE: What's a safe backup?

    If you copy a file, and the copy fails, you still have the file. If you do a move in Windows, you potentially could lose the file or cause corruption....

  • RE: That case filter

    I have awarded back all points to date for this.

    I have also reworded the question to note that one batch is needed.

  • RE: Precedence

    I have corrected the typo and rewritten the question a bit. I've awarded back points as well

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Don't believe that I deleted that thread, or at least don't remember that.

  • RE: Precedence

    I have corrected the typo and rewritten the question a bit. I've awarded back points as well

  • RE: Leave Developers Alone

    It is a struggle to balance this. I think that setting aside some quiet time is the solution for most people. Many of the interruptions and questions, help desk tickets,...

  • RE: How to pass parameter in store procedure which is already created

    If you call the stored procedure, you do it like this

    exec [dbo].[p_Stationary_test1] @MyDate, @MySource

    Where you've declared the date and character variables as the appropriate types and assigned values.

  • RE: What's a safe backup?

    I have been doing backups with SSMS, or scheduling them with SSMS for years, and haven't had issues with bugs.

    There is no reason to stop the SQL Server service or...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,571 through 15,585 (of 39,921 total)