Viewing 15 posts - 15,541 through 15,555 (of 39,921 total)
I've had this vary as well.
Sometimes it's an allowance, sometimes you expense back some percentage of your bill when you use it. Sometimes it's provided.
I would ask, and make a...
July 28, 2011 at 1:13 pm
Beware of the resources usages and potential slowdowns of some of these as well.
You ought to also be running dbcc checkdb, either on the main db or on a restored...
July 28, 2011 at 1:12 pm
July 28, 2011 at 1:11 pm
Ask the DBA to quiz you on the things he does on a regular basis. See what % of the stuff you know, and what % you understand to some...
July 28, 2011 at 1:09 pm
Why are you looking at lowest memory? The less memory, the lower the performance because your memory pools shrink and you have to go to disk for more data.
you can...
July 28, 2011 at 12:42 pm
Jeff Moden (7/27/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/27/2011)
I don't control the announcement. I assume it will be a business day or two afterward.
From the website... kind of a buried link...
Important...
July 28, 2011 at 12:35 pm
Dalton Moore (7/28/2011)
Rod at work (7/28/2011)
July 28, 2011 at 12:23 pm
Stephanie J Brown (7/28/2011)
You have to prove yourself at work FIRST, of course, and the privilege can be revoked at any time.
A sensible way to implement this.
July 28, 2011 at 12:13 pm
mohammed moinudheen (7/28/2011)
July 28, 2011 at 12:12 pm
Jack Corbett (7/28/2011)
July 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm
I like Elliott's suggestions.
If you are going to move master, move that first. Get that restored and SQL restarted before you mess with msdb, or user databases.
As far as...
July 28, 2011 at 11:25 am
Pass the word. I'm not stumping for any candidate, but you can certainly spread the word with blog, twitter, LinkedIn, etc. to get people to vote.
July 27, 2011 at 11:34 am
Eric M Russell (7/27/2011)
If the table is clustered on a unique key, would this static row id still exist?
Not smart enough to answer that. Potentially the unique key would be...
July 27, 2011 at 11:31 am
Eric M Russell (7/27/2011)
July 27, 2011 at 11:00 am
Ed.Watson (7/27/2011)
With sensors, we could forego the umpire altogether 😛
Not sure I like this. However there are a lot of places we could add this in. Sensors in gloves to...
July 27, 2011 at 10:58 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,541 through 15,555 (of 39,921 total)