Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,511 through 15,525 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: huge log backup after reorg

    I tend to agree with Jeffrey. Nothing wrong with maintenance plans in and of themselves, but some of the tasks are not very efficient.

    I'd still put in requests for most...

  • RE: Can I use a case statement in a column default?

    Thanks for the catch. I thought that was a restriction, but apparently my memory is fading.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (8/2/2011)


    If that's not a mistype, that's almost 3 years of my usage (6-10 GB/month)

    LOL, it's a typo. Sorry, 350-400MB a month. Used to be about 200MB or so, but...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    All these discussions just got me to look at my usage and lower my cell plan.

    I had an unlimited voice/unlimited data plan for the iPhone, but I've moved to a...

  • RE: Jobs for Data Scientists

    stephen99999 (8/2/2011)


    I am trying for my 2nd time at NC State, and hope to have the chance to step into Analytics and maybe change the world a little (personal goal;...

  • RE: codesmith

    No idea. You should contact the tool provider for an answer there.

  • RE: Master Keys

    I'm not sure how platespin works, but you might need to backup the service master keys and restore those on the copy.

  • RE: Can I use a case statement in a column default?

    The default isn't an expression run against the row. It's a value. Same for computed columns, these don't allow logical expressions.

    A trigger is the best way to handle this.

  • RE: codesmith

    The tools in SQL Server only regenerate the code that you've put in there. Codesmith, IIRC, allows you to generate new sprocs more easily.

  • RE: huge log backup after reorg

    You have to send that reorg operation to the log shipping secondary or you break log shipping.

    You also will need this space next Sun, so I'm not sure if shrinking...

  • RE: Do not display "1900-01-01 00:00:00.000"

    update table

    set datecolfield = null

    where datecolfield = '1900-01-01 00:00:00.000'

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I played some Halo series with my son, but not much lately. We tried to get the kids into RockBand, which has a tiny game piece, but no luck.

    Words with...

  • RE: The Impact of Outages

    cfradenburg (8/1/2011)


    However, since the backup system provide a lower level of care I don't know that it's a wise idea to kill services and force the backup system into place....

  • RE: The Impact of Outages

    My apologies, the links have been fixed.

  • RE: Index Writes

    If you have 30 indexes on a table, you have potentially 31 writes when a change is made to the table. If one of the 30 is a clustered index,...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,511 through 15,525 (of 39,921 total)