Viewing 15 posts - 15,361 through 15,375 (of 39,921 total)
I know of a few people through friends that get 1TB < 60 min. You can do this with dedicated drives for backup and striping across multiple disks.
If you can...
August 23, 2011 at 8:27 am
IceDread (8/23/2011)
I do not understand how you can not mention other countries like China and India which at least wants in on the European market.
This was just about the market...
August 23, 2011 at 7:05 am
Good ideas. We have a stairway in mind, just need to get it moving.
August 22, 2011 at 3:16 pm
chris.compton-977504 (8/22/2011)
I really enjoy your editorials and I read as much and as often as I can.
I’m a developer, but I unofficially serve as my group’s DBA –...
August 22, 2011 at 9:21 am
There are actually some exploits that can access the virtual machine's memory or disk if they have access to the physical hardware. vMotion, or similar technologies that allow a virtual...
August 22, 2011 at 9:20 am
Jack Corbett (8/22/2011)
I think there is definitely some BS going on, but it's also hard to know what "experience" is. There are plenty of people that manage a SQL Server...
August 22, 2011 at 7:21 am
T_A_D (8/19/2011)
I would be interested to hear...
August 19, 2011 at 10:49 am
Peter Maloof (8/19/2011)
At my current job, I was told informally that I could (for special circumstances), but I can't do it all the time. "If you do it all the...
August 19, 2011 at 10:48 am
Nice, I wasn't sure if you could flag that and a glance at the code didn't see one. I'll recheck.
I'm not sure I like the idea of open ended scheduling...
August 19, 2011 at 10:46 am
Darren Wallace (8/19/2011)
...Great idea, I'll blame Steve when I get "mission critical" software to install where the installation instructions require both the sa account and a twitter login.
...
Yikes! I hope...
August 19, 2011 at 9:46 am
peterban (8/19/2011)
not sure how much coding you want to do, but we create an agent job "on the fly" using SMO and through the creation change the user parameter.
Take a...
August 19, 2011 at 9:11 am
Dave Schutz (8/19/2011)
August 19, 2011 at 9:10 am
So I'm wondering if 300-600 tweets a day is an issue? We get that many new threads started some days.
I was thinking more that we might kick out posts that...
August 19, 2011 at 9:08 am
The rebuilds are logged, so I would assume they flowed through replication. Since a rebuild is one big transaction, simple mode doesn't help. Simple still needs a peak log size...
August 19, 2011 at 9:04 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,361 through 15,375 (of 39,921 total)