user must change password at next login greyed out

• Hi Folks,

I have a 2008 sql server and want to make my user to change password at next login. But when i check the properties tab, the option "user must change password at next login" is greyed out. See the screen shot attached for reference.

Regards,

Ankur

Cheers

• I think you only get that option when creating a new account. You cannot specify that on an existing account.

• It looks that way on mine, but if I change the password, I can then check the box. You can't force a password change without changing the password.

• Thanks for the reply Steve. yah on changing the old password i can check the option but i dont see a reason for not being able to check the option otherwise.

Cheers

• If you could check the option, you're forcing a password change, however that's a security risk. Imagine the password is compromised. You check the box, the hacker logs in first, see's the change and enters the old/new passwords.

The security model assumes you can contact the legitimate person and give them the changed password, then force them to change it.

• sounds promising...

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply