Viewing 15 posts - 15,226 through 15,240 (of 39,921 total)
Sorry, corrected my statement. I meant to say lower charges for current rather than historical data.
Jo Pattyn (9/13/2011)
September 13, 2011 at 4:26 pm
Nidhi G (9/13/2011)
This is not for queries.. It is related to table design...Thanks
If so, what is the issue? SQL doesn't care where you have these columns stored. It isn't...
September 13, 2011 at 3:33 pm
Let's another thread for a debate on that. I'll open one up in this forum.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1174524-373-1.aspx
September 13, 2011 at 3:32 pm
If this is for queries, then you can do this as well:
select
Fname
. Lname
, DOB
, Age
, City
, Country
from Mytable
If its' for...
September 13, 2011 at 12:00 pm
You can right click in the upper left cell of the headers in results and select "select all" and then "save as". You'll get a CSV loadable into Excel.
September 13, 2011 at 11:58 am
I like Flo's approach better since it allows you to better error handle things and I think dynamic SQL is harder to read for anyone else following in your work.
September 13, 2011 at 11:57 am
I am with Gail. A backup of the system, and SQL binaries, assumes that those are static. But those binaries get information from the system database in order to start....
September 13, 2011 at 11:22 am
Does this historic data change?
If not, you can do this and put it in a separate filegroup. That potentially allows you to recover the primary production data quickly and restore...
September 13, 2011 at 11:20 am
You are welcome. As soon as I started working in environments with other DBAs / developers, we made that switch since code would be formatted differently on different machines.
September 13, 2011 at 8:36 am
New building looking good for the horses:

September 13, 2011 at 8:35 am
We talked about it, and since we are also giving out shirts (and maybe books) as people walk in the door, we decided that having two types of tickets would...
September 13, 2011 at 8:20 am
I think there's a risk issue. Financial information has lots of liability stops. Report your CC stolen, limited to $50. Similar limits on some other accounts, plus insurance is available....
September 13, 2011 at 7:44 am
Don't use tabs. No one can count on consistent tabs spaces, so if you expect 3 or 4 spaces, and it's different, the code is mangled.
You should always set editors...
September 13, 2011 at 7:40 am
Tobar (9/13/2011)
PS- Steve, you are either a shameless brown noser, or a real homer. Not that either is bad. 😀
Perhaps, but I write about what I think is cool. I...
September 13, 2011 at 7:38 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,226 through 15,240 (of 39,921 total)