Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,046 through 15,060 (of 39,920 total)

  • RE: Best book to learn t-sql between........

    Depending on what you think, look at Itzik's book or Kevin Kline's T-SQL in a Nutshell. Both good books.

  • RE: Working With Isnull

    I like Lynn's solutions. #1 moves the function to a scalar instead of a column that is indexed and should improve performance.

  • RE: SQL Stored Procedure - Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type varchar.

    Thanks for the update and glad you found it.

    Double Clicking on the error should take you to the line. It might not be always exact, but it should get you...

  • RE: SQL server back up

    The mature third party backup tools provide utilities, for free, without license, that convert their compressed/encrypted backups to native formats. You can get those for SQL Backup (Red Gate) and...

  • RE: Restore Database

    Look at restore filelist only - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173778.aspx

    I recommend you not back up multiple backups to one file. It's a risk that's unnecessary and any problem with that file means you...

  • RE: Typical DBA day...

    Dev @ +91 973 913 6683 (10/17/2011)


    Your boss shouldn't really run your schedule, but tracking down the things you spend time on and examining them later is a good...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (10/15/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/15/2011)


    Not enough of a detailed explanation according to Gail as she was trying to throw a shuriken, or rubber duck, or something at me.

    I...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    BTW, in my last presentation on Friday I was trying to give a brief overview if indexing and testing. Not enough of a detailed explanation according to Gail as she...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I'm definitely an Apple guy overall. I love my iPhone and the iPad is nice, but I found I needed more than a tablet. Went with an Air, and all...

  • RE: Typical DBA day...

    Late, here, but that does seem like a lot of time on overhead things. I don't know that I think documentation should be cut, but I might try to cut...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Chad Crawford (10/14/2011)


    Here's a shot of Steve giving his presentation[/url]. If you look close, you can see his Kilt peeking out from behind the podium. Hope the...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Roy Ernest (10/13/2011)


    I am at the Presentation of Steve jones for the sql pass. MS supported event and guess what laptop Steve is using? An Apple.. 😀

    😛

    :w00t:;-):cool:

  • RE: The Countdown

    IowaDave (10/12/2011)


    RedGate is opening a branch location in Colorado and Steve Jones will be the on-site CEO. 😀

    Isn't that already the case? (at least if my wife isn't reading this...

  • RE: The Countdown

    F. van Ruyven (10/12/2011)


    Hmmm ...

    I guess it's your 50th birthday and this editorial was just a cliffhanger.

    🙂

    I'm not that old....yet

  • RE: Restore Database

    Ninja is correct. The verifyonly will not necessarily prevent corruption. You need to do a restore, or mount the backup file using one of the tools, such as Red Gate's...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,046 through 15,060 (of 39,920 total)