Viewing 15 posts - 15,061 through 15,075 (of 39,920 total)
First, look at he time the current error log spans versus the time the older ones span. If you reboot less often now, less patches, etc., the log grows larger....
October 12, 2011 at 7:20 am
Was listening on and off. Carpenter is steller.
The problem, which I agree with Billy Bean on, is that in a short series, either 5 or 7 games, it's a toss...
October 8, 2011 at 4:11 pm
I agree with Jeff. There's no optimal size. There's the size that is needed for the workload that is running. Whatever concurrent operations are running that need temp space need...
October 8, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Some of this is in DMVs.
Here's a set of queries that shows some I/O for database files, a few more as well: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13748067/SQL%20Server%202008%20Diagnostic%20Information%20Queries%20%28September%202011%29.sql
October 8, 2011 at 4:08 pm
Fingers are crossed. Bye week hasn't hit me this week, but next week...
October 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm
2 favorites (Rangers, Brewers) advance, 2 underdogs (Cards, Tigers)
Gonna be good championship series coming up.
I say it's a Tigers/Brewers WS.
October 8, 2011 at 3:58 pm
Jeff Moden (10/8/2011)
Lynn Pettis (10/7/2011)
If the testers are not changing anything in the database, just running...
October 8, 2011 at 3:55 pm
I tell them what I want to make. The job should pay what the job's worth for the most part. Some wiggle room for experience, but I wouldn't hire a...
October 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm
Licensing is a bit of a train wreck. I think Lynn's idea of developer edition makes sense. If you have licenses for it, and you might if you have MSDN,...
October 7, 2011 at 11:27 am
That makes sense, sorry. Wasn't aware you were looking beyond tables.
Have you looked at Dependecy Tracker? If you have SQL Doc, you might have a license for that and it...
October 7, 2011 at 11:23 am
Poll on Dan Patrick this morning: Who gets back in the groove first? A-Rod or Tiger?
I was thinking Tiger, but Rich Eisen thought that Tiger might never win again....
October 7, 2011 at 8:53 am
Ray K (10/7/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/7/2011)
Didn't see the game, but sounds like lots of drama in there.
I had the game on in the background. There were too...
October 7, 2011 at 8:52 am
jay holovacs (10/7/2011)
October 7, 2011 at 8:51 am
You're looking at this the wrong way. You can tune a SQL statement to use less records, usually with indexing or rewriting.
This use of TOP doesn't make sense.
October 7, 2011 at 7:54 am
AFAIK, the UCP collects data using Data Collector from other instances. This provides an overview, which seems to indicate that it might supercede DC, but it might just be a...
October 7, 2011 at 7:52 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,061 through 15,075 (of 39,920 total)