Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,016 through 15,030 (of 39,920 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jack Corbett (10/20/2011)


    On a more serious note, I'd like to put together a new presentation, but I'm a bit short on ideas. Any suggestions?

    Not to dissuade you, but do...

  • RE: INSERT INTO

    My apologies. I thought I changed the code, but must not have saved things.

    The three inserts in the second table should have PKs of 1, 2, 2, which means...

  • RE: Which Versions of SQL Server Do You Have?

    Jo Pattyn (10/21/2011)


    SQL2000 SP4 (till the hardware breaks, no DTS), SQL2005 & SQL2008 (not yet R2). All standard or express editions. Next to Oracle 9 and 10.

    There's always VMs for...

  • RE: Which Versions of SQL Server Do You Have?

    Mauro-244882 (10/21/2011)


    ... And we also have 1 running sql server 7.... but that is the most reliable one! Slow but reliable 🙂

    I'd think if you have any 6.5 or 7...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    SQLRNNR (10/20/2011)


    Apropos kilts verringert haben, habe ich meine auswahl auf zwei ... juuhuu

    Just for you

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    jcrawf02 (10/19/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/19/2011)


    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo more pants

    Especially as it is not becoming too cold in CO to wear anything else in the am.

    are you wearing the kilt at...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo more pants

    Especially as it is not becoming too cold in CO to wear anything else in the am.

  • RE: Query

    You haven't well explained what you are looking for, nor have you attempted anything. We are here to help, and happy to help. We are not here to do all...

  • RE: database file size growing but rows / tables not

    The backup file is the truest indicator of data pages/extents. Whatever is being reported by the *_spaceused procs is incorrect somehow.

    I wonder if you have some other structures, perhaps in...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Stefan Krzywicki (10/19/2011)


    Brandie Tarvin (10/19/2011)


    Harold and Kumar get pantsed.

    Isn't that one of their actual movies at this point?

    Hey, I like Harold and Kumar. They entertain me with their over the...

  • RE: Retiring DB

    I think that Dev has a good list. The thing I might do as well is take the script you have for jobs/logins/etc and stick it in an admin table...

  • RE: Protecting Data

    Doh! spellcheckers and proofreaders fail me.

    My typo has been corrected.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the editor,

    and we're talking about (bleep)ing pants.

    I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about (bleep) pants,

    not SQL Server, not Integration Services,...

  • RE: Give us all the features

    Revenant (10/18/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/18/2011)


    Revenant (10/17/2011)


    It has nothing to do with engineers in the Servers and Tools Division and in support (ECO).

    Sorry.

    Not sure I implied it did. It's...

  • RE: TRY CATCH and GO

    Post code, but probably try..catch for each one because they're separate batches.

    Alternative is do something like Powershell to make the changes instead with error handling in there.

Viewing 15 posts - 15,016 through 15,030 (of 39,920 total)