Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 13,878 total)
I have a suggestion to help avoid this problem. Make step one of your process a file copy, to bring the Excel file to a local (to the server) drive....
October 7, 2024 at 8:36 am
@SQL_Bee, are you planning on posting back with an update on this thread?
October 3, 2024 at 12:07 pm
hi phil, there is no error message, the wrong file ends in file stream directory and the trigger is somehow executed or not. i can see it only, because...
October 2, 2024 at 11:31 am
What is the exact text of the error you are receiving? How do you even know that there is an error, if you cannot see it or trap it?
October 2, 2024 at 10:09 am
I should also mention that a lot of the 'good stuff' in PBI requires a 'Premium Per User (PPU)' or 'Capacity' subscription. These cost more than the entry-level 'Professional' subscription,...
September 30, 2024 at 8:04 pm
Is there any equivalent in PBI for data driven subscriptions?
How is scheduling of reports handled in PBI? One use case I have for example is: 1) create an unscheduled subscription;...
September 30, 2024 at 7:41 pm
I do have a follow-up question. When I've encountered PBI before, I got the impression that it required a server component somewhere in order to run. Even your response...
September 30, 2024 at 2:11 pm
WOW, thank you, Phil, for giving me additional information on PBI vs. SSRS!! Everything you've said is information I've never known. Thank you, again!
A pleasure. Let me know if...
September 29, 2024 at 3:13 pm
Ah yes, there's another thing I should have mentioned! After composing your code, please try running it. Yours fails to run.
The code probably worked perfectly on...
September 29, 2024 at 2:55 pm
There are so many dead-to-me technologies, though as others have said, most live on in some form for some users.
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is dead to me....
September 29, 2024 at 2:50 pm
Master Data Services. I've had a few goes at that in my time and it rarely ended well.
CD players and all hard-copy music. I stream all my music now.
September 29, 2024 at 9:23 am
There is no conflict.
SSL encryption is configured on the server/host.
When you connect to that server from SSMS, you decide what type of connection encryption to use (optional, mandatory or strict)...
September 29, 2024 at 9:15 am
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS #tblItems;
CREATE TABLE #tblItems (Rownr INT NULL, ItemID int NULL, Status nvarchar(50) NULL , StatusDate smalldatetime NULL)
INSERT INTO #tblItems ( Rownr, ItemID , Status , StatusDate...
September 28, 2024 at 8:50 pm
Can you provide your sample data in consumable format, please? Here is some skeleton code to help you get started.
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS #tblItems;
CREATE TABLE #tblItems (Rownr...
September 28, 2024 at 9:35 am
SELECT WOCode
FROM WorkOrders
WHERE Site = Section AND Section = CompletionDate
I'm fairly certain that this is not what you want, but that is what your post is asking...
September 25, 2024 at 11:21 am
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 13,878 total)