Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 322 total)
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
March 30, 2017 at 12:23 pm
Thanks for weighing in, Jeff. So if I'm understanding you correctly, you end up with an exact clone of the box, and the ETL tools would sit on a separate...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
March 26, 2017 at 7:11 am
Ah, so much better! I must have toggled that setting after installing SSMS 2016 a while ago and then forgot about it. Thanks for the help, guys!
Mike
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
March 21, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Thanks, guys.
John,
The database does not already exist on the target server and I don't have Instant File Initialization enabled.
Ken,
Thanks for the VLF...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
February 16, 2017 at 7:57 am
Yes, for the most part we do.
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
February 9, 2017 at 6:57 am
Thanks, Chris. Fortunately, only a few of those applied in this scenario. I was able to script most of what I needed. Thanks again.
Mike
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
February 8, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Thanks, Perry. I did a combination of scripting the sys.configurations table and scripting the logins. I think that should do the trick!
Mike
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
February 8, 2017 at 9:58 am
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
January 24, 2017 at 2:52 pm
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
January 24, 2017 at 2:32 pm
pietlinden (12/14/2016)
Mike,Why do you need a cursor for this? Can't you just do a basic upsert? Here's some fun reading for you:
pietlinden,
This is incredibly...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
December 14, 2016 at 8:40 pm
TheSQLGuru (12/2/2016)
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
December 3, 2016 at 7:01 am
HOWEVER!!!! If you truly want to be able to restore a full 2 weeks back you actually need to keep TWENTY days of FULL backups because as soon as you...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
December 2, 2016 at 8:22 am
TheSQLGuru (12/1/2016)
Mike Scalise (12/1/2016)
Yes, I could see how setting that flag in the command might achieve...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
December 1, 2016 at 7:24 am
Ohh. My apologies. I thought you were making a general recommendation for running Ola's scripts.
Yes, I could see how setting that flag in the command might achieve the results I'm...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
December 1, 2016 at 5:37 am
TheSQLGuru (11/30/2016)
Taking a closer review (albeit after being sick for more days...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
November 30, 2016 at 1:21 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 322 total)