Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 322 total)
Gianluca, thanks for the responses.
If you only need Execute permissions on the stored procedure to run any code within it, then what's to stop someone who has execute and edit...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 24, 2011 at 6:48 am
ColdCoffee, that helps very much. Thanks for taking the time to write that!
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 20, 2011 at 11:55 am
Thanks, John. The reason for so many INSERT statements is that I scripted the table using SSMS, so it, by default, prints an insert for each row to be added...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 20, 2011 at 6:43 am
ColdCoffee,
Yes, it works. I must have been doing something a little different. Anyway, the one piece I think it's missing is a line that has Joe, ST, CoveredByBase, then all...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 19, 2011 at 2:45 pm
ColdCoffee,
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the query you wrote doesn't return any rows. I wonder if there's something going on with the HAVING clause.
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 19, 2011 at 12:12 pm
Actually, I may have figured it out.
I think what had happened is that I originally created a login Domain\Sales, then mapped a user with the same name to 'Reporting.' Then,...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 12, 2011 at 7:04 am
yes if you add a user or an ad group you can't set the default database unless you've added the user to that database.
Are you sure? I can click on...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 12, 2011 at 6:35 am
Ok, here's what I did:
1) I disassociated "Domain\Sales" from the "Sales" database role (that way I could test the user itself).
I tried logging in as Domain\testuser and received an error...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm
I created a test AD user and added it to the Domain\Sales group. Then, I started another instance of SSMS by using Run As... and specified Domain\testuser and its password....
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 11, 2011 at 10:33 am
calvo (5/10/2011)
After this is done, you can create a new login specifying a windows account (or group). Search for the windows...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 10, 2011 at 8:09 am
Ninja's_RGR'us (5/2/2011)
That's the easy part....
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
May 2, 2011 at 12:12 pm
<> 'A' would only exclude the one record where Status = 'A'. I want to exclude the entire person if any of his/her records have a status = 'A'.
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
April 19, 2011 at 12:43 pm
GSquared (3/1/2011)
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
March 1, 2011 at 12:15 pm
GSquared (3/1/2011)
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
March 1, 2011 at 11:34 am
GSquared,
I'm not sure you're looking at this the same way that I am. You said:
Here's part of what you posted as a sample result:
Program,Year,Major
Education,2006,Math
Education,2007,Biology
Education,2008,NULL
Education,2009,NULL
Education,2010,NULL
Why would you only have Math in...
Mike Scalise, PMP
https://www.michaelscalise.com
March 1, 2011 at 10:04 am
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 322 total)