Viewing 15 posts - 8,656 through 8,670 (of 59,099 total)
The question now is... do you understand how and why it works? Also, for future reference, this ancient but incredibly effective method is known as a "CROSSTAB". It used to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2019 at 4:31 pm
I recently implemented this procedure in our test environment, and I don't see any data in Drivespace. Not sure why it is not populating the data in Drive space...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2019 at 4:26 pm
p.s. I also verified that the Compatibility Level for the database is SQL Server 2016.
For those interested, the 3rd party database is "WhatsUp" and was created by the "WhatsUp Gold"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Hmmm... interesting. I just found out that a 3rd party database on my system has this problem and the tables are NOT heaps. Multiple Clustered and Non-Clustered indexes have the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Good question, and I wondered the same thing. I took the defaults when I built the volumes on the S2D Pool. This query shows that the block size is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 16, 2019 at 7:30 pm
I noticed that the a.text/Query column contains: insert [dbo].[Table] select * from [dbo].[Table]
Why is that? Does the index creation literally re-insert every row in the table into itself?
The answer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 16, 2019 at 7:17 pm
Unfortunately and based on the name of this particular forum, it looks like the OP is still using SQL Server 2005.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 16, 2019 at 1:31 pm
Yep... agreed. You weren't asking for one. That's why I made the comments I did.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 15, 2019 at 6:39 pm
I'll also state that if you have the UNIQUE index you say you do as...
-- PK or unique key is combined key(custid,procustid,team_id)
... we'd not be able to build the sample...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 15, 2019 at 6:37 pm
I work best in an environment that has a constant background noise like a 20" box fan (good source of the right tone of "pink" noise for me) to drown...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 15, 2019 at 3:59 pm
He can supply it - just needs to use SQL Sentry Plan explorer to anonymize it before posting here.
The thing is... he doesn't actually need to supply it because...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 15, 2019 at 2:26 am
I agree that the procedure need to be fixed but coming to terms with 120 TB being processed is very perflxing(how a RAM of 196 GB is processing 120...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 15, 2019 at 2:14 am
Is the index in question a "Clustered Index"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 14, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Hi, the tables are updated using SSIS package basically what happens is an sql command runs (delete from table) then a connection to an external odbc dbase (Select *...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2019 at 1:32 pm
Hi Folks, a general question here for better admin on a database. Have a number of tables, with approx 100 rows that clear down and re-populate every 5 minutes,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2019 at 12:54 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,656 through 8,670 (of 59,099 total)