Viewing 15 posts - 8,641 through 8,655 (of 59,098 total)
So were you able to remove the file group after that?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 2:47 pm
I'll echo ZZartin's questions and ask one more... how big is this clustered index in rows, columns, and GB occupied?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 2:23 pm
To be honest, you should already have a script that does this because you should be testing your backups on a regular basis.
There are a lot of scripts out there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 1:22 pm
Bulk Insert uses the privs of the login using it. You have to make sure the login being used as the privs in the source directory.
Hehe - until...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 1:01 pm
hjp wrote:You can never prove something true!
Now there's an interesting hypothesis... I wonder how one would prove that. 😀
Along the same lines as "a car can't fly". Of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 12:55 pm
You can never prove something true!
Now there's an interesting hypothesis... I wonder how one would prove that. 😀
I do get the spirit of that statement, though.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 4:35 am
I have tried mapped drives and the full unc path. Life continues to be unkind. I am considering trying BCP after my root canal without nova Caine.
Bulk Insert uses...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 3:56 am
This sounds interesting. It would appear that the "auto bumping" mechanism failed to bump your unanswered question. I can't help here but I can bump the post for you by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 3:54 am
One of the attacks that a hacker will sometimes make on you is accompanied by brute forcing rollovers of the SQL Server Error log so you can't figure out what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 3:45 am
The files all have the same prefix before the time stamp. That means they'll sort naturally and you don't need to split anything out of the file name to process...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2019 at 1:18 am
The article recommends doing a cume on the "ghost_record_count" of sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats. It shows no ghost records, which is what I expected because of the very low page counts for the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2019 at 10:47 pm
Again, interesting read... I knew of the ghost process but never did a deep dive on it. I had no idea that it could be disabled and that it would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2019 at 10:05 pm
This sounds like the ghost cleanup process is disabled - or it is lagging way behind. Is it possible that someone disabled the ghost cleanup process on that system?
Not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Although PS can make some things easier, I wouldn't generally say that PS provides any performance advantage.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2019 at 4:32 pm
The question now is... do you understand how and why it works? Also, for future reference, this ancient but incredibly effective method is known as a "CROSSTAB". It used to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2019 at 4:31 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,641 through 8,655 (of 59,098 total)