Viewing 15 posts - 8,566 through 8,580 (of 59,098 total)
Had to take my non-calendar table solution down (previously posted in this spot). It had an error when more than 1 month was spanned.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 9, 2019 at 1:43 am
Without wanting to give away the answer, the script creates an empty table variable that it populates to generate a select. So I would look at rewriting the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Interesting. Thanks, Steve and thanks again for posting your article.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 2:21 pm
p.s. And because you've put forward a good effort, IMHO, PM me and I'll show you how to think about this to solve it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 2:15 pm
I am not trying to 'game the system' I want to improve my understanding of cursor's. Any company can ask many different questions and will also change there questions....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 2:06 pm
I'll also add that if the original was taking 20 seconds, there's a very good chance that it needs a little rework to make it more performant and use fewer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Hey Jeff. Great idea! I'm going to add this to my notes.
When you have a new historical period, you create a new table and modify the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 1:58 pm
It's actually much simpler than even that but that's it on any clues on this thread. Please PM the OP if anyone wants to help or discuss further. Help protect...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 1:04 pm
p.s. If you really want to do it right with Partitioned Views, create each period's FileGroup and File in a separate database using the exact same naming convention but with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 12:47 pm
Hey Jeff. Great idea! I'm going to add this to my notes.
When you have a new historical period, you create a new table and modify the view definition?
Actually, it's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 12:36 pm
MVDBA is spot on but I'll add that you MUST backup to a different physical machine than where your database files live. If backup compression is available, definitely use it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 12:33 pm
Better than what Carey Hower just proposed, why not just leave the table named as HugeTable with no date marker and just back that up? What they're doing is insane.
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 12:01 pm
To be honest, I'm totally opposed to publishing answers to interview questions that some company obviously feels important about. Such answers would make it pretty easy for other people to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 2:42 am
Hi Steve...
Thanks for taking the time to write and publish this article. I am curious, though. What is the link to Brent's article?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 2:24 am
5% doesn't prevent you from rebuilding an index. The settings you pass to your defrag software might.
The term "corrupted" is the wrong term here. The index is not being corrupted. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2019 at 1:50 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,566 through 8,580 (of 59,098 total)