Viewing 15 posts - 8,581 through 8,595 (of 59,098 total)
Any format containing yyyy-mm-dd can also throw you for a loop if the data had French origins because SQL Server uses YYYY-DD-MM with the French Language.
There is NO WAY to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2019 at 9:53 pm
What do you mean by "As the data moves on the pages the index is getting corrupted"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2019 at 9:49 pm
I have a database that has monthly backups of a table for the past five years... i.e., they copied the table at the end of the month to a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Have you looked at archive tools? This is not a SQL job.
Actually, it's the perfect job for SQL Server.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2019 at 3:42 pm
To answer both of your questions for what I'm currently doing... 100% on-prem for SQL Server.
As for the MS versions of machine learning in general, the only thing I've done...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2019 at 10:59 pm
If I had to guess, my guess would be that they're using the default settings instead of actual settings. That's terrible, of course, but I see little that can be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2019 at 10:45 pm
Thanks, Luis. I appreciate the feedback. If you get the chance, let us know how it all works out for you even if you don't use the code I posted...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2019 at 9:12 pm
Concerning nvarchar (Max), it's an ill-conceived notion to applying this at all except if you hope to have in excess of 3000 characters. Just check indexing and varchar (max),...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2019 at 9:00 pm
To be honest, you don't have to do a thing. SQL Server will flush the buffer pool based on the work load and what fits into memory all on its...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2019 at 8:47 pm
Hi,
both will work perfect. There is no difference wrt performance also. I have seen in some community posts that select 1 is faster than select * but if you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2019 at 8:25 pm
Crud... ok... it turns out that my other databases are actually being affected. They're just large enough to make it look like the percentage of unused space is quite small. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2019 at 6:01 pm
I have a VARCHAR(n) field [sic: columns are not fields!] that is the description of my product like these 2 ones:
Ref Design
2566000 Sandália BEBE 19/24 Cx12
2578995 Chinelo M/ Dedo...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 30, 2019 at 6:34 pm
I think that point #3 is the most important of all... and it should not only come with the same warnings as a chainsaw but should clearly state that if...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 30, 2019 at 1:52 pm
I like the idea of a backup camera but most of them seem to be poorly engineered. At night, you can't actually see anything in the passenger side mirror or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 30, 2019 at 1:33 pm
To answer the question where the numbers could be anywhere from 1 to 10 digits (up to the max of INT), here's some test code (borrowing heavily on Phil's good...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 30, 2019 at 4:40 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,581 through 8,595 (of 59,098 total)