Viewing 15 posts - 8,176 through 8,190 (of 59,098 total)
I hate the way this site does NOT handle tables. I have a screen wide enough to display the whole table but it's still formatted super narrow so someone can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 10:25 am
As in most development the code should speak for it self, and you should use:
Source control (containing change documentation)
Formatting tool/formatting rules
Good and describing naming rules
Your procedure should...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 10:04 am
Steve,
Will that actually work in a stored procedure? I'm thinking "not" and that it could only work from a "routine" (if you understand the difference) but I could be wrong.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 9:38 am
We are small shop and we don't get to hire any dedicated consultant for performance tuning. Everything has to be done by us!
Thanks everyone. Forgive me if I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 9:28 am
one of the things i'm constantly told,... keep it to 2 pages
I was always told to do the same... until they saw the format and the content. Lynn has...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 12:44 am
As in most development the code should speak for it self, and you should use:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Thanks Jeff and John for the help. I ended up rewriting the vw_pos_period_dim as a materialized view. Still not sure why that worked since the view itself performed well,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2019 at 9:36 pm
On the subject of questions getting worse, here's what it has finally come to. Notice in the zip file that there is absolutely everything that one might need to get...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2019 at 9:31 pm
In your case, I would use the ISO-8601 week-date format. You can downoad such a calendar from the internet. The format is yyyyW[0-5][0-9]-[1-7] where the week is 01-53, depending...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2019 at 9:08 pm
Sam,
Rewriting to use ANSI Joins instead of older Equi-Joins isn't going to fix it nor the apparent total absence of any indexes to support the code. Returning more than 600...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2019 at 7:32 pm
Hi All,
We are trying to creating a clustered idx on a HEAP. It is almost 45 mins, its still running. Heap is around ~400 GB. Is it expected ?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2019 at 6:53 pm
Be REALLY careful with the code posted so far (all of it... the original post and all coded answers). It contains a Triangular Join and that's a huge drain on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2019 at 6:31 pm
Team
I have a scenario in SQL Query. If I Give a day, The output should say which day and how many days crossed in a given month
For Ex
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2019 at 3:10 am
DECLARE @dDate DATE = '11 Dec 2019'
SELECT DATENAME(DW, @dDate), (DAY(@dDate) / 7) + 1
Try the date of '7 Dec 2019' and see that it comes up...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2019 at 3:04 am
Team
I have a scenario in SQL Query. If I Give a day, The output should say which day and how many days crossed in a given month
For Ex
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2019 at 2:45 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,176 through 8,190 (of 59,098 total)