Viewing 15 posts - 8,161 through 8,175 (of 59,098 total)
Around 2-3 times.
Thanks for taking the time to do all of that (seriously... thank you) but the the test isn't repeatable for others. Yes, they can use the same...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 2:35 pm
Ya know... I can see why some people might select the first answer. The row exceeds the 8k page and "some data is stored elsewhere". "Some rows" certainly qualifies as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 5:39 am
Yeah, I am ancient. I'd still pick SQLCMD or PowerShell over bcp though.
Heh... guess I'm more ancient. I've not found much that will actually beat BCP...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 5:21 am
On the subject of the article itself, thanks for taking the time to put something so extensive together.
As you said, though... "The recommendations in this article are not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 5:10 am
I hate the way this site does NOT handle tables. I have a screen wide enough to display the whole table but it's still formatted super narrow so...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 4:55 am
Yeah, I am ancient. I'd still pick SQLCMD or PowerShell over bcp though.
Heh... guess I'm more ancient. I've not found much that will actually beat BCP for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 4:21 am
Please post the DDL, including any triggers, constraints, or indexes, that are currently on the table.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Yeah, I am ancient. I'd still pick SQLCMD or PowerShell over bcp though.
Heh... guess I'm more ancient. I've not found much that will actually beat BCP for performance for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 5:55 pm
Thanks, I thought so, but wanted to be sure newer people to the platform are aware of this.
+1000 to that!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Also, do you have some proof of the COUNT(*) vs the COUNT(1) thing? I'm not talking about someone's rhetorical "proof" either. I'm talking about a demonstrable and repeatable...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 5:46 pm
What on Earth would you actually use this for? If you ever do it to an actual database, you will cause a huge explosion in the MDF files as clustered...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 5:35 pm
your "requirements" do not match what you trying to do on the sql so please do clarify it exactly.
To get the records added today - which is what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 5:08 pm
Heh... no, Grant... you and I are ancient technology. 😀 BCP is still a nasty fast work horse. While it wasn't designed to handle true CSV exports nor even a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 3:04 pm
I'm with Jeff on this - lots of what is on that are personal preferences and should be decided by each team/organization
For example I do not allow any uppercase ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 3:00 pm
On the subject of the article itself, thanks for taking the time to put something so extensive together.
As you said, though... "The recommendations in this article are not the ultimate...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2019 at 10:33 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,161 through 8,175 (of 59,098 total)