Viewing 15 posts - 8,146 through 8,160 (of 59,098 total)
If the inserts are done in a particular order and the order is actually preserved by the ID column, this could be pretty easy to pull of. You just need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2019 at 6:45 pm
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback, Steve. I really appreciate it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2019 at 6:28 pm
Hi,
I'm a bit late to this discussion but we had a requirement to work out median values in SQL this week so I was looking for a method to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2019 at 2:59 pm
SELECT dest.TEXT AS [Query],
deqs.execution_count [Count],
deqs.last_execution_time AS [Time]
FROM sys.dm_exec_query_stats AS deqs
CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(deqs.sql_handle) AS dest
ORDER BY deqs.last_execution_time DESC
Just to warn again, you have to understand the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2019 at 2:43 pm
If you're also looking into overall performance, don't neglect to specify both BUFFERCOUNT and MAXTRANSFERSIZE.
Totally agreed on that. I use both.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2019 at 4:15 am
I was told (but have not tested) that Extended Events cannot return the query that is causing an event. If that's not true, then my apologies and I'll...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2019 at 4:13 am
I was told (but have not tested) that Extended Events cannot return the query that is causing an event. If that's not true, then my apologies and I'll go back...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2019 at 7:12 pm
from my personal testing over the years splitting onto 4 files even if they are on the same destination disk will normally yield best results than 1 or 2...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2019 at 3:14 pm
Be advised that if you cannot guarantee that the individual files are guaranteed to go to separate physical spindles (if you're backing up to spinning rust), striped backups...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Hi,
I have a requirement where I have to find what was the last recent executed query on certain user database.
Is there way to check what was the last query...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2019 at 2:41 pm
I've been extremely "lucky" with my career. I define "luck" as where opportunity meets preparation. I've also followed one of the best "Laws of Success" there is. In fact, it's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 5:04 pm
Be advised that if you cannot guarantee that the individual files are guaranteed to go to separate physical spindles (if you're backing up to spinning rust), striped backups can and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 4:49 pm
Yeah, I am ancient. I'd still pick SQLCMD or PowerShell over bcp though.
Heh... guess I'm more ancient. I've not found much that will actually beat...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 4:38 pm
Regarding @jonathan-ac-roberts 's test: you might want to include a GO between the two test queries. It might not make a difference, but I have found that quite often...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 4:36 pm
Interesting, sins of version of 2008 the COUNT(*) vs COUNT(1) should generate the same execution plan.(column 1 should be pk/not null). Also count won't read any data from the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,146 through 8,160 (of 59,098 total)