Viewing 15 posts - 8,011 through 8,025 (of 59,098 total)
BWAAAA-HAAAA-HAAAA!!!! I'm thinking that this question is the result of someone learning something the hard way! 😀 😀 😀
Great "gotcha" question, Steve!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2020 at 4:10 pm
This is a great introduction to exporting files with PoSh, Steve. I gave it a 5. That and the mention of how to do it with DBATools is great. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2020 at 3:46 pm
If you add just one more column to the table, you can avoid the Triangular Joins that are created to calculate things that will not change for a given year. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2020 at 11:53 pm
Happy New Year to all.
Same back at ya, Lynn.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2020 at 11:15 pm
really annoys me when people don't even bother searching for what they need.
hana studio and Hana client are required - you get those from SAP
first link google returned https://blogs.sap.com/2016/08/05/how-to-connect-microsoft-ssis-with-sap-hana/
yes...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2020 at 11:06 pm
>> Joe, do you convert back to numeric to get your next successive order number and then convert back to character data? With all the back and forth about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2020 at 10:57 pm
My personal opinion is that people put entirely too much into Calender/DateDim tables. An example of this is people that store the full name of the days of the week,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2020 at 4:21 pm
With the disclaimer that this is the first I've ever even heard of {SAP} S/4 Hana databases...
I assume that, since you're posting on an SQL Server forum and mentioned SSIS, ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2020 at 3:24 pm
DBCC SHRINKFILE on its own isn't the full command... especially if you have 8 files in total. I'm thinking that you need 8 separate commands for that along with a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2019 at 10:42 pm
Not me, back at work and getting some things done here today.
Enjoy the holiday, and be safe. My daughter had surgery last week, so we're still helping her recover...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2019 at 10:36 pm
Yes, but more to the point I wanted to know if what I proposed would import the data without the line feed?
Or how can I do that?
Thank you
Like I ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2019 at 4:44 am
Bah! It's just not worth it. You can't add a default column to Temporal Tables. You can't add a column to the History table without adding it to the main...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2019 at 4:39 am
Crud. I was afraid of that. The dynamic SQL cannot see the INSERTED/DELETED tables, either. I could copy the INSERTED table to a temporary table or table variable but that's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2019 at 2:26 am
p.s. I wish they'd fix the bloody code windows for color on SSC. It would be better if they simply rendered out as all black rather than serious color mistakes...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2019 at 1:51 am
That works great but only if that's the only UPDATE trigger on the table. Here's a test that shows that even though the value of some columns hasn't been changed,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2019 at 1:49 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,011 through 8,025 (of 59,098 total)