Viewing 15 posts - 7,996 through 8,010 (of 59,098 total)
Unless you're using TDE then compression prior to 2016 can be bad. ( or so I've read, I don't care to tempt it myself )
Just to give you some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 8:31 pm
Is there any way to tweak the following query? Thanks
; WITH CTE AS
(
SELECT DATEPART(QUARTER, GETDATE()) as 'Quarter', DATEPART(YEAR, GETDATE()) as 'Year'
)
select Quarter,Year from CTE where Quarter...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 8:01 pm
Vendors are a huge problem in patching. I'd like to see contracts explicitly state they'll certify within xx months, with xx being < 3.
That's not easy to do. Look...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 7:44 pm
I just expect minimal polite behavior from people that post. And I do not suffer, rude, lazy people easily.
To be honest, it's ironic that you would post such a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Yes it's very clear the backup system is flawed but unfortunately our IT is outsourced and that was all I was given and have access to. I've requested a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 3:18 pm
p.s. And, yeah... it even works with refreshable spreadsheets that call stored procedures. As you know, the spreadsheets should absolutely be calling stored procedures so that you're not chasing down...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 3:36 am
Thanks, Richard. It's only because I have a long beard and that it took me 30 years of answering questions on forums to get there. 😀
To be honest, I don't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 3:32 am
Almost a year ago Microsoft mothballed their Microsoft Virtual Academy. .
Man, that was a bloody shame. They actually had some good stuff on there and I can't find hide...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 1:22 am
Considering the absolute idiocy that occurred in SQL Server 2012 until the finally fixed {almost} everything they broke in the SPs and CUs prior to SP3 and the SSIS nightmares...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 1:10 am
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 12:44 am
Thanks, Joe. I appreciate the feedback. I guess my next question would be rhetorical but I'm thinking it... When was the last time you actually had to port a database?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2020 at 12:21 am
I mean I just didn't run just DBCC shrinkfile. This is the complete command I ran for all 8 files but still no luck.
USE [tempdb]
GO
DBCC SHRINKFILE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Explicitly convert the SKU to something like a VARCHAR(10) using CAST or CONVERT.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Right there with you on the "test the heck out of anything".
To be absolutely honest, I have no idea how you even came across this especially since it's not a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2020 at 6:37 pm
Feel free to add that. dbatools is an open project.
Heh... or just do it in T-SQL. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,996 through 8,010 (of 59,098 total)